All reviewsrustic cabinredwood treesshared showercold cerealhomemade muffinsbreakfast includedhot watersuzannepropertygrapes
Reviewed June 25, 2017

The place is filled with love and care! Especially delicious healthy food. The atmosphere and surrounding is so juicy to the soul. I cannot appreciate enough to John and the staff. We will be back October!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
John_Fouts, Owner at Mountain Home Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Suzanne and I took over the Ranch from my brother 20 years ago as a lifestyle change. We love what we do, especially the wonderful people we meet from all over the world. When we receive feedback like this, it gladdens our hearts.

Reviewed June 2, 2017

I go back every year to attend a training. But - I also go b/c Mountain Home Ranch is such a joy! Suzanne and John continue to keep their family ranch thriving and to open it to their guests. I consider them guardians and friends. Go! Sleep deeply. Wander trails. Listen to nature. Eat yummy food. Scratch the head of a goat or horse. Support a working family farm.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

We appreciate your kind words and all the animals appreciate the head scratching -- and the carrots! Come again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

We stayed 4 days in July. The rooms are rustic but clean and comfortable with an outside seating area. The ranch is absolutely lovely. Beautiful walks all round. Friendly staff. We were there at the same time as a group - they were lovely friendly people. It's a great base to explore the area and at the end of very day you return to a peaceful rural haven. Walk to the look out and watch the sun go down. Feed carrots to the horses. Oh and a great breakfast. Loved it!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julesB28
Reviewed June 26, 2016

I returned after a winter visit on my own for a summer visit with my 7 year old son. He loved the hiking, the nearby lake, the farm animals, and most of all the swimming pool!

We stayed in a simple, comfortable and affordable cabin that was well equipped. We slept with the windows open and fan blowing (that they provided in our cabin), and it was perfect sleeping weather -- nice and cool even though the days were hot.

The food was delicious, varied and abundant! The kitchen staff were friendly and responsive to our requests.

I highly recommend Mountain Home Ranch for a relaxing getaway to soak in beauty and simplicity -- you'll really feel you've gotten away from it all, and you can get to Calistoga in less than 15 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2016

I stayed in one of the cabins, which was simple and had a rustic, yet comfortable vibe. I especially enjoyed the healthy meals, served with love by the friendly hosts. I also loved exploring the trails on the property, and relaxing with friends in the ample spaces that make for great meeting spots. Be sure to check out the amazing views from the lookout near the cabins, as well as the goats, who will expect you to come with a carrot gift!

Room Tip: I stayed in a cabin close to the Lodge, where the Wi-fi is located, which meant we had Wi-fi in our cabin (called "Love").
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends