All reviews indoor pool bbq area mud bath the main street beautiful flowers picnic tables hot springs rooms are clean get away hot pools cal mart wine country napa valley warm water full kitchen relaxing getaway restaurants and shops
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I only stayed one nigh and went to the Calistoga speedway and watch the world of outlaws had a great time wish I could’ve stayed more.......

Ps I would love to try the pool and the bike rentals Like I said I would’ve loved to stay longer

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We look forward to serving you in the future when you have the opportunity to lounge by our geothermal pools and enjoy our quaint town with all it has to offer.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We had a great weekend get away and would love to come back. The grounds are so neatly groomed with lovely trees for shade and tables to picnic on. We stayed around the pool reading and swimming. It is really a gem.

Room tip: We enjoyed the ground floor but I think upstairs looked nice with some balcony seating.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. We are so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate the comments about our grounds which we all take immense pride in and our landscaping staff carefully maintains. We hope you will be able to return and we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

This resort is vastly overpriced for a tiny motel room and tiny pool. The management is stingy with the towels and added many hidden additional charges. The town is lovely but I recommend you stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Sylvia,
I'm sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. However, your comments related to "hidden additional charges" baffles me. Since you booked your reservation through Expedia, a full complement of room photos as well as square footage size of the room, additional fees (roll-away), and property photos which included the pool areas were listed. Upon arrival, having a 5th person, incurred an additional fee as well as the roll-away, which should be expected. As far as our "stingy" towel policy, we are more than happy to exchange one for one all day long, but with the need to conserve water in California as well as to remain environmentally friendly, most resorts on the West Coast limit the number of towels per person at any one time.

I'm glad you enjoyed our quaint town, and hope you will return to Calistoga some day. I am sure next time you will find the resort that best meets your desires.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Very nice experience. Small rooms but very nice. Grounds are lovely and enjoyed the pools. Only negative I can mention is office opens at 8am and it is where coffee is available to guests. Early risers are on their own for morning cup of coffee.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful geothermal pools. For the future, we do have different room types that will provide additional room if you desire a size larger than a standard hotel room. As an aside, each room does have a single cup coffee maker which would provide that first cup of coffee prior to 8 am.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We loved this hotel! The staff, mineral pools and location were perfect. We booked the mud baths and massages one morning and could not have had a better experience. We didn’t even use our car once there as downtown was one street away and walked there and used the convenient rental bikes outside our door to explore the wineries nearby. This town is adorable and has excellent restaurants nearby. I can’t wait to come back again!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kathy Q, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, our town, and our spa treatments. Calistoga has so much to offer, we look forward to serving you again in the near future.