“Amazing Easter Morning”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Meadowlark Country House
Ranked #4 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
The Sea Ranch
“Amazing Easter Morning”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our beautiful Easter stay at this B&B was very special. My husband and I brought our two Havanese for a stay at this property. Our wonderful suite and wrap around deck allowed us to enjoy sunrise in a beautiful setting. The hot air balloon arrival made it even more special. The owners were very special hosts. We shared our delicious breakfast that Richard had prepared with both of them. We enjoyed our walk with the pups on the trails around the gardens and property. It is a great place to stay even if it is not Easter morning. We will return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My spontaneous weekend getaway turned into by far one of the most amazing vacations of my life.

The Property: The property alone is worth the trip. It's a beautiful piece of land with horses, a garden, little trails, and plenty of places to lounge and relax. Theres a gorgeous large pool area with a hot tub and sauna which we'll take advantage of next time we visit.

The room: There are a few separate cabins, but most of the suites and rooms are in the main house. We stayed in Suite 2, which had a beautiful modern front room, long hallway, marble bathroom with a giant bathtub with jets, and then large bedroom. The whole room was gorgeously decorated, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We even had our own private balcony that faced the forest. A room like that anywhere else in the nappa area would cost twice as much.

The breakfast: Richard (one of the owners) makes a delicious eggs Benedict. The eggs are fresh (the chickens are raised on the property) and the herbs are grown on site as well. I wish we had stayed longer so that we could have tried some of his other breakfast meals.

The Owners: Had everything else I mentioned above been a disaster, I would still come back just for the company. Richard and Kurt, the owners, are 2 of the kindest, interesting and knowledgable people I've met in my life. They are amazing hosts, and made us feel so welcome and comfortable.

Everything was clean, well maintained, relaxing, and they even let us bring our dog! We plan on returning many times, Meadowlark Country House is the only place in Napa i'll be staying in from now on.

Room Tip: If you want great company, like animals, and want to feel welcomed and wanted, stay here!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I came with my older children (18 and 16) and our chocolate lab. The home is so beautiful and comfortable. Richard was helpful with restaurants and what to do long before we even arrived. He made everything easy. Our room was very spacious and yet warm and comfortable. The whole house has a huge wrap around deck and beautiful property and views. Our dog had a great time with the owner's dog Sparky.

But the best part were Richard and Kurt, the owners and hosts. We truly felt like guests in their home. We hung out with them at the breakfast table for hours and talked about many things. I felt like they were old friends. it was a truly great experience, and we will be going back.

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms are very big and include a large whirlpool tub. There is one room that is much...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My partner and I just finished our 4th stay at Meadowlark and were as delighted as always. This is a B&B with great comfort, great amenities and great hosts. The rooms are very comfortable and several are very large. The hot tub and sauna are a relaxing place to meet people from all over the country. The hillside setting and its separation from the busier parts of Napa Valley make for a perfect place to totally relax, but its close to great restaurants, wineries and shopping. And the hosts, Kurt and Richard, make you feel like you belong there. They are gracious and accommodating and always helpful. But best of all, after they've made you a very tasty breakfast, they sit down and join the conversation, sometimes for hours. And we can bring our dogs! We return time and again as much for the company of Richard and Kurt as for the peaceful and elegant environment.

Room Tip: We find Suite #1 the perfect size, with its own patio.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rand M
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My boyfriend and I went here for a night out of the city. The rooms were lovely and huge with lots of books and a giant tub which I loved. A very peaceful setting and a must-stay for horse enthusiasts as the owners own and train horses on site. Richard and Kurt are great hosts. They helped us when we couldn't figure out the TV and are even mailing us an item we left behind.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Great hosts, clean well designed rooms, inroom spas, etc. This place is a gem!

• Stayed November 2011
Boston
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This was absolutely an amazing place to stay. I can't say enough about the food (farm fresh eggs each morning!), comfort (very large rooms), and overall charm of this B&B. The hosts were delightful company and gave great suggestions on local vineyards (i.e. not overdone/crowded/too commercial) and really nice places to eat. The romantic/relaxing atmosphere made for the perfect get-away. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Room 5 was fabulous with great views of the garden and a nice private porch!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
1.9 km away
2.7 km away
Solage, an Auberge Resort
Solage, an Auberge Resort
#2 of 15 in Calistoga

Been to Meadowlark Country House? Share your experiences!