Meadowlark Country House and Resort
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$179
AscendHotels
Wine Way Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$139
Official Site
Mount View Hotel & Spa(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$193
Hotels.com
The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$149
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$212
BestWestern.com
US$169
Official Site
EuroSpa & Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$223
US$495
US$1,160
US$905
Official Website
All reviewsthe clothing optional poolmountain view roompond roomcovered bridgepool houseother gueststhe main househot tubgracious hostswrap around deckbeautiful horseswine countrynapa valleythe wrong placebeautiful propertybreakfast each morningget away
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My spontaneous weekend getaway turned into by far one of the most amazing vacations of my life.

The Property: The property alone is worth the trip. It's a beautiful piece of land with horses, a garden, little trails, and plenty of places to lounge and relax. Theres a gorgeous large pool area with a hot tub and sauna which we'll take advantage of next time we visit.

The room: There are a few separate cabins, but most of the suites and rooms are in the main house. We stayed in Suite 2, which had a beautiful modern front room, long hallway, marble bathroom with a giant bathtub with jets, and then large bedroom. The whole room was gorgeously decorated, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We even had our own private balcony that faced the forest. A room like that anywhere else in the nappa area would cost twice as much.

The breakfast: Richard (one of the owners) makes a delicious eggs Benedict. The eggs are fresh (the chickens are raised on the property) and the herbs are grown on site as well. I wish we had stayed longer so that we could have tried some of his other breakfast meals.

The Owners: Had everything else I mentioned above been a disaster, I would still come back just for the company. Richard and Kurt, the owners, are 2 of the kindest, interesting and knowledgable people I've met in my life. They are amazing hosts, and made us feel so welcome and comfortable.

Everything was clean, well maintained, relaxing, and they even let us bring our dog! We plan on returning many times, Meadowlark Country House is the only place in Napa i'll be staying in from now on.

Room Tip: If you want great company, like animals, and want to feel welcomed and wanted, stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I came with my older children (18 and 16) and our chocolate lab. The home is so beautiful and comfortable. Richard was helpful with restaurants and what to do long before we even arrived. He made everything easy. Our room was very spacious and yet warm and comfortable. The whole house has a huge wrap around deck and beautiful property and views. Our dog had a great time with the owner's dog Sparky.

But the best part were Richard and Kurt, the owners and hosts. We truly felt like guests in their home. We hung out with them at the breakfast table for hours and talked about many things. I felt like they were old friends. it was a truly great experience, and we will be going back.

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms are very big and include a large whirlpool tub. There is one room that is much smaller with no tub. Richard can help you pick a room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My partner and I just finished our 4th stay at Meadowlark and were as delighted as always. This is a B&B with great comfort, great amenities and great hosts. The rooms are very comfortable and several are very large. The hot tub and sauna are a relaxing place to meet people from all over the country. The hillside setting and its separation from the busier parts of Napa Valley make for a perfect place to totally relax, but its close to great restaurants, wineries and shopping. And the hosts, Kurt and Richard, make you feel like you belong there. They are gracious and accommodating and always helpful. But best of all, after they've made you a very tasty breakfast, they sit down and join the conversation, sometimes for hours. And we can bring our dogs! We return time and again as much for the company of Richard and Kurt as for the peaceful and elegant environment.

Room Tip: We find Suite #1 the perfect size, with its own patio.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rand M
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I went here for a night out of the city. The rooms were lovely and huge with lots of books and a giant tub which I loved. A very peaceful setting and a must-stay for horse enthusiasts as the owners own and train horses on site. Richard and Kurt are great hosts. They helped us when we couldn't figure out the TV and are even mailing us an item we left behind.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Great hosts, clean well designed rooms, inroom spas, etc. This place is a gem!

• Stayed: November 2011