“Decent Chinese Food”

Soo Yuan Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 47 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 15, 2018

The food is decent, as it is hard to find great chinese food in the valley. There is a sign at the door which states "we are allowed to deny service to anyone we choose" which is a huge turn off. Its an ok, regular place.

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

We got a takeout from here whilst staying at The Bergson in Calistoga.

Whilst a little perturbed at our appearance 15 mins before closing, they put together a wonderful feast.

We haven’t eaten Chinese food in over 8 months due to a health kick but vacation rules state anything goes and I am SO glad that our Asian treat came from Soo Yuan, it was SO good!!!

We had dumplings (the biggest I have ever seen), special fried rice, sweet & sour chicken and a sesame beef which was one of the nicest things I’ve ever tasted, maybe I’ve just been in denial too long, but it to me it tasted incredible.

Like really classy people we saved the leftovers and ate them cold the next morning - just as good. Ha!

Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

The best kept secret of Calistoga. Delicious Chinese Cusine. Great service and the best food ever. Everything on the menu is good. The soups are amazing as are the veggies (very fresh produce). We eat there at least twice when in town for a few days. Totally love this place.

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

My family and I were traveling through wine country and went to Soo Yuan for lunch. The hot and sour soup was decent. Their Wong tong soup was good. It is a quaint little place in the middle of the town and there is three hour parking in front and across the street from it. Overall it was decent.

Reviewed May 16, 2017

My wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary in Calistoga. We chose Soo Yuan for dinner our first night there. The cuisine was not tasty, and over priced. I recommend not patronizing this restaurant.