1,080 results
All reviews solbar restaurant sol bar mudslide treatment mud slide exercise classes cruiser bikes the lemon ricotta pancakes wine country napa valley spa pool main pool turn down service fitness center private patio silverado trail complimentary bikes couples massage
Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

Solage has it all, it's an ultra luxurious, modern and chic hotel surrounded by the beauty of Calistoga. It's so romantic! The fireplaces throughout the property, the twinkling lights, the beautiful palm tress, luxurious room with breathtaking views all make this place truly exceptional. I love the privacy aspect of it, the rooms are more like little bungalows all a few feet apart from one another. What truly made our experience unforgettable however was our amazing sommelier MORITZ. After dinner at the Michelin starred SolBar, we wanted to cap off the day with a nice bottle of wine by the fireplace outside. We ordered a bottle of wine suggested by Moritz, but he didn't just bring the wine, he created the most romantic evening for us. He brought us blankets, turned up the flames on the fireplace and even took pictures for us. We sat fireside under the stars with our blankets sipping on a delicious wine. What a memorable evening. We can't wait to go back to Solage for the luxurious romantic experience again!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Marcus M, General Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

Dear Deepti D.,

It is a true pleasure reading your wonderful comments about your recent stay at our beautiful property. I am honored to know that every part of your visit was so exceptional, and am pleased to read how memorable Mortiz made your visit. I will share your wonderful remarks about Solage with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for your next memorable stay.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2016

Very nice day at Solage, thank you Jasmine! We wanted to enjoy the day at solage, but we were not certain what to choose, as there is so much to choose from. Jasmine helped us to plan an amazing day! We came early to enjoy the fabulous 90+ degree mineral pool, than off to a couples massage. BEST MASSAGE I EVER HAD. LAURIE IS AMAZING! After our massage we enjoyed the couples mudslide treatment...so nice and relaxing...our spa person, Mary was the sweetest, nicest gal ever. We felt very comfortable and not rushed at all. The heated flooring is as very nice plus! We enjoyed unseasonable beautiful weather, but even if it was cold, I think our experience would have been just as nice. The reason I give Solage a rating of four out of five, is due to the noise level, we did here motorcycles driving by now and again. Also, the only fruit was a bowl of apples in the locker room. Having other fruit bowls scattered around the spa would have been nice to have. I have been to other spas where they offer, cookies, nuts, bananas etc...OUTSTANDING SERVICE & SERVICES. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ptowngirlnow

Dear Ptowngirlnow,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your visit at Spa Solage. I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your visit and found our service and treatments so relaxing. I will pass on your kind comments to our team and I assure you they will be appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back so for your next visit!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2016

Really enjoyed our visit here to relax for the most part. The pools are not crowed during the week. All the staff were really nice. My husband enjoyed taking the Mercedes sports car out for spin (free for four hours). Food is a little rich for a spa.

There are construction noises coming from across the street where the Four Seasons is building a huge new resort with several swimming pools over the next year or two. Construction started at 7am with beeping noises and went until 7pm the night we were there. They need to put in more loud waterfalls or something to drown out the sounds until the new hotel is completed.

A perfect place to relax when things are quiet.

Room Tip: Behind the pool away from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherri S
Marcus M, General Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Dear Sherri S,

Thank you very much for the feedback about your recent stay at Solage and your enjoyment of all the different varieties.

It is indeed a truly serene resort with a unique identity that is one of a kind in Napa Valley. With regards to the noise disturbances I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered. I may inform you that we have found a conclusion which will have each of our guests enjoy their time with us uncompromisingly.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Solage in the future and please let me know directly when you plan returning.

Warmest Wishes,

Reviewed January 25, 2016

Made a last minute reservation through the hotel for a low season Thursday night stay. The rooms that I previously reviewed near the main pool weren't available; however, we were able to stay in Calistoga King #41 (previously called a Vega King), a row behind those that I especially like (46, 47, 48, 49). #41 is still quite private and quiet, if slightly farther from the main pool. The cottage itself was great as usual, and it was very relaxing to spend time in the spa are and warm pools the evening of our arrival. As we were in our spa robes and didn't want to go into Solbar--although we probably could have--we sat outside near the fire and had a glass of wine. The bar/restaurant manager brought us wool blankets; a nice touch given that it looked like it would rain and was on the cool side. Some complimentary snacks came with the wine.

The beds remain very comfortable, and the heat/AC and ceiling fan are very easy to operate. I did not reserve a room with a fireplace, as our stay was going to be too short to enjoy that, and I knew that we would instead use the spa facilities and enjoy the various fireplaces on the property. Freshly ground coffee, both caf and decaf, as well as a carafe of half & half in the fridge made for a pleasant morning gazing out at the hillside.

As a swimmer, the main pool is unbeatable and unusual for a hotel/resort. Not quite Olympic length (130 feet) and a workout worthy temperature of 80-81 (I carry a pool thermometer) on a cool and rainy day. Deep enough to do flip-turns, and lane lines on the bottom. Plenty of fluffy towels poolside. There is separate jacuzzi at one end.

We had a pre-checkout brunch at Solbar, which had been reconfigured since my last visit. Great food and service. A serene ambiance, but not stuffy.

Back in SF a hour and half later, feeling like we had been on a vacation; it had been less than 24 hours. Perfect.

I still highly recommend Solage and Solbar. Everyone was very welcoming and accommodating, and it's a great getaway from San Francisco, even just for one night.

Room Tip: Depends on whether you want to be close to main pool or spa. I like 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 near the main pool and Solbar.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Out-of-SFO
Marcus M, General Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2016

Dear Out-of-SFO,

Thank once again for taking the time to describe your visit. I appreciate your loyalty to Solage, and am so pleased that the service and property continue to be most enjoyable during each visit. Although a short visit for you, I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the mineral pools, amenities of your studio, and main pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back for the next visit, whether short or extended!

Best Regards,
Marcus Mueller

Reviewed January 20, 2016

We just got back from our second trip to Solage and are already planning to go back. There's just something about how peaceful the resort is and we loved that the pool/mineral pool/hot tubs are open year round. This trip we utilized the gym and mind body studio, both of which were excellent. Jensen taught a wonderful and refreshing yoga class. Customer service was again excellent.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime J
Marcus M, General Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

Dear Jaime J,

Thank you for your loyalty and choosing to stay at Solage Calistoga once again. I am so pleased to read that you've found the property so relaxing, and have been able to enjoy the mineral pools, gym, and Jensen's wonderful yoga class.

I look forward to welcoming you back to another peaceful visit!

Best Regards,