US$169
Hampton.com
US$110
HIExpress.com
Bella Capri Inn & Suites(Camarillo)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$91
US$141
US$116
Agoda.com
All reviewsfull kitchenliving areaseparate bedroomlocal weddingeasy chaircomfortable hotelwine and beerthe sofa bedyogurtwould stay here againminute drivemake your own waffleshot tubthe young ladyoff the highwayroom was largebusiness traveler
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is decent but not as good as other Residence Inns. Breakfast is not that great, it was busy and things kept running out, plus only one fresh fruit option. I've definitely stayed at better ones before.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Josie W, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Dear Sally,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback at our hotel. Your comment is valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every guest stay. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apology for falling short of your expectations. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Camarillo.

Thank you again and safe travels!

Dan R.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure what's with the negative reviews. We had a very comfortable stay (it's not the Four Seasons, but good for the price).

Location: conveniently close to the freeway and dining options. We were going to CalState U and this was 10 mins away. Felt very safe walking around at night. It's also about 15 mins from the Camarillo outlets.

Facilities: has a modest sized pool and outdoor fire pit and seating. Has a small multi-use tennis/badminton/volleyball court. Lots of parking and well lit. The grass and garden are well maintained and clean. Cement path all around the bldgs works well for dog walking.

Room: we booked a 2-bedroom 2-bath suite, which can sleep 6 with the sofa bed. The room has a large common room with kitchen (full size fridge), sink, plates, cups and utensils. Small dining table that seats, sofa bed and a easy chair. The furniture is updated in design but well used (has some scratches and faded fabric).

Bedroom: updated furniture but the bed is on the firm side. King bed takes up most of the room.

Bathroom: sink is in the bedroom, door to toilet and bathtub.

Breakfast: included for free. You get scrambled eggs (the best option), sausage patty (these look unappetizingly gray and frozen, I would avoid), yogurt, pastries and cereal all fine. You can also make your own waffles with the waffle makers, regular and mini-waffle irons. With the batter, I would suggest cooking it 2x so the middle is thoroughly cooked through.

Staff is friendly and helpful. Would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2017

This is not one of the cheaper hotel chains in the US (where I have brushed off having a "complimentary" breakfast consisting of inedible plastic and sugar in the past) and I expected much more when I entered the small room - more akin to a student hostel - and noted what was on offer. My heart sank - shall I go for the tepid scrambled egg, the dry poor quality breads, the cheerios or the yoghurt and a few slightly mouldy grapes? The cutlery was plastic too and the whole thing was a bunfight with many people trying to help themselves to the few sad offerings.

I can agree with other writers that the walls are paper thin and you can almost hear the conversations in the neighbouring rooms word for word. Clearly a problem of construction and not acceptable in modern times. The sheets and the pillowcases on the bed were very creased up. I believe they were washed but it certainly didn't look like it. I would understand if it were a second rate motel but not to offer crisp sheets at a rate of $200 a night is disgusting.

Altogether a thoroughly depressing experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RandGUK
Dan R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Dear RandGUK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in regards to your recent stay with us.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology if the appearance of our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are currently about to undergo a major renovation and this will sure provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Camarillo. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further questions or concerns.

Dan Razeghi
dan.razeghi@marriott.com

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Run down hotel with old furniture, rude staff and pathetic breakfast. Stayed here only one night on our way to LA, but I would highly recommend to look for other options. Rooms are old and smelly. "Breakfast" is just a joke. The only edible thing was yoghurt. And if you have any requests, be prepared to hear something like "sorry, but we can't help you". We arrived late and I requested late check out (guaranteed for platinum members), but the lady at the reception was extremely rude and unhelpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Dan R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Dear Anton,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate your comments regarding your experience, our staff, and areas that we may improve upon and greatly apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

We are currently about to undergo a major renovation of our entire hotel. These areas sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider us on your next visit to Camarillo so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Kind regards
Dan R

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

This location was $20 cheaper per night than other locations nearby and I needed it for 30 days. Do the math. So for $600 in savings I endured paper thin walls, old worn furniture, and constant loud drunken pool parties every night. Complaints went nowhere.

In fact, I got an email from hotel staff (see pic) indicating it was obvious they had improvements coming soon. They wrote in email, "As you noticed, we are currently about to undergo a major renovation of our entire hotel." That must be a phrase from a hotel management book that is used when things are bad and you just throw your hands in the air and wave them like you don't care. Like, "I'm sorry sir we agree things are really bad, so we thought up an idea to say we plan on fixing it someday, and then we will flip the script and condescendingly ask in emails to customers why they didn't also obviously realize we had thought up a plan to fix how bad things are." Now I do realize that's a long sentence but you get my point I'm sure.

How would planned renovations be obvious to me? They certainly didn't share any plans with me or invite me to any hotel meetings. Maybe they discussed it at a morning breakfast I missed? It certainly didn't come up in the $2 per load laundry room on site that I visited every few days. Hint: Use the middle units as they have less wear and tear (and lint).

And what are these planned renovations to consist of? How do they help me for the 30 days I was just tricked into staying there? Unless they do something about constant parties or find a way to soundproof walls and ceilings then these "obvious" coming renovations won't be complete. Check out furniture pictures and shots of the air vents. Maybe they have new vents on order, I don't know. Maybe they will give air masks and earmuffs to guests. I don't know. It's certainly not obvious.

So if you need a hotel for short term I would not go anywhere near this place. If it's long term and you need to save money, bring ear plugs and some furniture with you. If you are of the mindset you like late night loud drunken pool parties this actually might be your go to place also. Maybe bring some extra chlorine for yourself just to be safe. If you want to find a hotel to sleep, not so much the place. The ceiling stomping from the unit above (I was in #200) leaves you to wonder if the front desk intentionally hands out concrete slippers to guests staying on the 3rd floor.

I had this routine I created where I would call the front desk after 10pm and casually ask when the pool closes (calmly suggesting I wanted to take a late night dip). They would always respond "oh sir the pool closes at 10pm every night so it is not open right now" at which point I would say "that's impossible because there are 30 people right now in the pool smoking and yelling and they have a Bluetooth speaker broadcasting today's hits and yesterday's favorites."

Gas station is across the street from hotel as is freeway which was cool if you need a 70 ounce soda. No close non gas station food sources though. Cleaning staff were always nice. I did use app to order more towels. Liked that also.

So with the $600 I saved I bought a new iPhone to write this review. Thanks?

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff B
Dan R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback, and we hear you loud and clear. I am truly sorry that your experience with us did not meet the standards that you, and we, are accustomed to. I have shared your comments with our entire staff and made the necessary training to ensure that this was an isolated issue moving forward. Also, please accept my sincere apologizes for the noise disturbance caused by other guests. Rest assured, we are taking the necessary steps to help ensure problems of this nature do not occur in the future.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you with any questions or concerns you have or to discuss things further.