“Great place to stay in all respects!”

and 1 more site!
Central Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Rocky Mountain High
“Great place to stay in all respects!”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We spent 5 days at the motel and were delighted with our choice! It was extremely clean, well-appointed, well-maintained, with friendly service and great facilities (looks like it has been re-done recently). We especially enjoyed the included hot breakfast, but the sparkling clean pool and hot tub, and the convenient exercise center were way up on our list. Free wi-fi and a well-equipped computer kiosk (2 computers, two printers, and paper so you could print your boarding passes) were marvelous. We have seen some bad reviews of this place and, let me tell you, they are without foundation. If you are in the Camarillo/Oxnard/Ventura area, stay here!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor on the highway side. The courtyard side might be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GeBeColorado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I booked the room via Hotwire and was hoping to get the Hampton Inn & Suites, where we had stayed on prior visits. No such luck, but we figured how bad can it be? Well, as we entered to check in, no one was around. My husband said "hello" and a voice answered back "I'll be there in a minute." The desk clerk was dishevled looking, with his shirt untucked and the bottom button undone, showing is hairy, pouchy stomach -- yuck! The rooms are dated and just motel rooms, really. The bed was very, very hard. Oh my aching hips! The room was clean. OK, there's a positive! The breakfast room is on the 2nd floor. We didn't know that because the lovely night clerk neglected to tell us! The second day, we found it ourselves. We never saw a desk clerk present any time we went in or out of this hotel. Strange. Nothing special. At all. I'll pay the difference for the Hampton Inn next time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank PalmettoMel

Travellers are raving about these Camarillo hotels

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This HIEXpress is lacking, The rooms are in need of an update. They are starting to look very dirty. There are stains on the walls, water stains on the ceiling, the bathrooms are getting gross. The hardware in the bathroom doesn't function the way it should, the shower curtains are moldy and smell. The rooms are OK sized. The breakfast is...well....on par with a Denny's. Kinda gross. Dried out eggs and some type of meat product. They do have yogurt, cereal and fruit. The staff is quite nice, but a little slow. The location isn't very good. Oh and the Sportsman grill located next to the hotel is TERRIBLE!!!! WHAT A DIVE! It's dark and looks like it hasn't been updated since the 70's. The service is awful too! One gum chewing, eye rolling, very unhappy and rude waitress was there to "serve" us as well as the other one or two patrons.....DO NOT DINE HERE!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Although the room was clean and the staff was friendly, we will not stay here again. The room was not quiet. The road that runs past the hotel was full of loud trucks, cars and motorcycles all night. We could also hear the people down the hall each time they went in and out of their room, the doors have a very loud slam. Also, we knew each time someone took a shower. That coupled with an extremely hard bed, I was only able to sleep for about an hour. There was no local information available on local restaurants, no information about when and where breakfast was being served, also, now I may be getting picky but the only trashcan available was in the bathroom. Also, I had to go down to the front desk to get some soap because there had not been any left in the room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen J
CA Central Coast
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was the worst HIE I have experienced, and has caused my wife to complain everytime I suggest we try a Holiday Inn hotel. We arrived late on a Friday night after a long dinner with drinks and gambling at the Chumash farther north. The front desk clerk was very kind and identified us as Platinum members. He happily reported we would get a suite and gave us a small gift bag of an apple, cookies, and a water. Something I always appreciate.

The room was nothing I would call a suite. It did have a tiny snack/kitchen area, and it had a half wall partition with a sofa bed. The room was very old, but was clean. It's all I could demand. The problem did not arise until bed time. The bed was like sleeping on a board. I am not saying this was a firm bed, it was like plywood. I am a 200lb man, and I measured, my body did not sink more than a tenth of an inch into the mattress. After tossing and turning I sleepily went downstairs to ask for another room, or something to help.

He was very polite and apologetic, and said he could give me additional bedding to help soften the mattress. I accepted. I ended up on the sofa bed wrapped in a extra comforter. Needless to say I got 2 hours of sleep.

The next morning I wearily went to breakfast. My only complaint was that everything in that breakfast bar was styrofoam. Including the tray. I am a big environmentalist, but we produced so much trash for that tiny breakfast . I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Dear Holiday Inn Express Management, hello there, this is 2011 calling. We are glad to see that you offer free Wi-Fi for your guests. However, you seem to have failed to notice that Wi-Fi generally involves communication and devices such as laptops and IPads. People traveling on business (and pleasure, frequently) generally have these items and like to be able to lock them in a secure place while they visit the pool and/or restaurant. Most of other hotels of your service class provide something known as an IN-ROOM SAFE so that guests can secure their valuable electronics when not in the room. You should look into this so that your business guests don’t have to hike down to lock their electronic devices in the trunk of their car every time they wish to leave their rooms.

Your clean rooms are to be commended, as is your general property management. We also want to note that most modern hotels don’t make their guests call down to the front desk to get a CODE in order to use the Wi-Fi – or if there is a code, it is printed clearly on signage or marketing materials in the room. Which brings us to the fact that your in-room materials are factually incorrect and refer to an earlier system that was apparently in place several years previously. An update would be a good idea.

Please stand by for another incoming call, this one is from 1972 and they would like their beds back. A snazzy flat screen TV is no substitute for a good mattress, we are sorry to say.

We enjoyed your hotel and certainly want to suggest to future travelers that they ask for rooms on the side of the hotel facing AWAY from the 101 Freeway, which you can hit with an artfully tossed rock from the balcony of the hotel.

Much thanks, 2011 and business travelers everywhere.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ArtMaven
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed here for business for a few days. The location is next to a restaurant, but not much anything else. You will need a car here. The room was just mediocre and there was a leak in the hallway; the ceiling was dripping and wetting the floor. Beyond that, this hotel was just average....not very good, yet not completely terrible.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business