“Very nice hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed over night as we had to attend an early morning church service. We are Hilton Honors members so we booked this stay for free. When we returned from dinner, there were two bottles of water and a package of Oreo cookies for us.
The room was large with a flat screen television, microwave, mini refridgerator and desk. The bathroom had all the amenities and lots of towels. The beds were very comfortable with quilts.
The buffet breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, yoghurt , cereals, hot items, breads and a waffle maker. There were two strengths of coffee, decaf coffee and hot water with a variety of teas and hot chocolate.
This hotel is close to the outlets and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank verda
haptoninncamarillo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you chose to stay with us even if only for one night. We take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. I hope you and your family decide to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Warmest Regards,

Michael Reardon

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We just came back from this very nice hotel last Memorial weekend. My husband and two boys loved our stay here. We have spent many times at this chain hotel everywhere we went for our short or long vacation as we are always feel home away from home... What I love about this hotel is its location is best. It is near by everything in your need..Very nice, clean hotel overall... Very nice staff and helpfull to what we need. The only small problem that when we arrived, their elevator was out of service so we had to use the stairs which was not bad at all since we are on second floor and it was good for us to exercise walking up and down many times :). And the elevator was fixed and ready by the next day. My son loves the comlimentary hot breakfast that they offer each morning with many good selections from scramble egg, sausage, hashbrown to self made waffles,muffins, bagels.. boiled egg, to drinks ( fresh brew coffee, hot cocoa, tea etc..) . In the evening, they offer fresh meny difeerent kinds of cookies, hot brewed coffee, tea, .... which was very nice after dinner..The outdoor pool and hot tub are nice ... My kids swam everyday after we come back from the trip... Not to mention there are McDonal , Carl's Jr and Polo Locco fast food restaurants within walking distance... If you are in the mood of shopping (it's me :) There is Camarillo outlet nearby which is a huge outlet with so many stores... The Souplantation restaurant is only 5 mintues drive , as my little boy loves to eat here. We also drove to visit Oxnard channel Island Harbor (20 minutes away) and Santa Barbara down town, beach and Pier (1 hr drive) which was an awesome place. We also visited Historic Purisima Mission in Lompoc(1&30 min.) which was very interesting place.. My older son enjoyed that place since he just learned about it from his Social study class about California History...We defenitely coming back here again soon...

Room Tip: We did not ask but we got a very good room that face near to the vegetable field off from freeway...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful comments. I also want to thank you for pointing out all the amenities we have to offer to all our guest. That was a very busy weekend for us so it delights me that the staff was able to give you the personal service that all our guest deserve.

Warmest Regards,

Michael Reardon

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Very nice hotel, fine service, spacious room and bathroom. Right balance between qualiity and price. Recommendable.

1  Thank Happytraveller0100
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This was a great first start to rooms in America, lots of space and a very big comfortable bed. You also get free drinks and nibbles from 5.30 till 7.30 I think it was nice touch. Location not bad but not a huge amount on walking distance as the freeway close by but apart from that perfect for the one night on your way through.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angie M
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Price is higher than I would like, but I have business in Camarillo and stay there when I am in town. The quality is consistently good and it does not disappoint.

Room Tip: I try to stay on the first floor to get in and out quitckly. Just one elevator and it can be a long...
Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Les L
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had a 2 night stay in Camarillo and was reluctant at first to stay in another Hampton after previous disappointing stays in other cities. I was unexpectedly impressed first off by the staff. Very friendly and accommodating. The hotel looked so much like it had just been remodeled, so I had to ask. Come to find out, it was 7 years ago. The hotel doesn’t even look 7 years old. The complimentary evening cocktails and morning breakfast just complimented the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on in a hotel.
I have the luxury before I travel to do my homework before selecting flights and hotels. I won’t have to bother doing it on my next trip to Camarillo, California.

Room Tip: Stayed on the freeway side and never heard a thing.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Southernrealist
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed 2 nights and was a pleasure. The staff was awesome and very good room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael_Rod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
6.7 km away
Residence Inn Camarillo
#5 of 10 in Camarillo
15.3 km away
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo? Share your experiences!