“Taco's baby”
Review of Texas Cattle Co. - CLOSED

Texas Cattle Co.
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Our philosophy is to provide our customers with an experience that includes quality food at a reasonable price in a setting that is casual and relaxed with excellent service. As of January 2013, we now offer Certified Angus Beef that are steakhouse quality. This legendary gem of over 25 years is a local favorite that offers an array of freshly prepared Tex-Mex dishes. Menu items include starters like: Macho Nachos and Buffalo Wings to Home-style Soups and Texas-sized Salads, Texas Philly’s and Turkey Burgers along with Sandwich and Patty Melt Classics with a twist like the Ortega Melt, to Soft Tacos, Burritos and Flautas, delicious Texas Burgers, and Steaks that are Certified Angus Beef and Mouth-watering Ribs that go down nicely with an Iced Cold Beer! Top it all off with a Mud Pie for dessert!
Reviewed 29 January 2015

Stopped in to grab a bite to eat on the run....
Placed an order over the phone. They had carnitas tacos on special so I thought I would try them. WOW I was amazed at the size of the 2 huge tacos and I have never seen so much meat in a taco before. The meat was so tender, juicy, and flavorful. The tacos were so big and full of meat I couldn't eat them all. They came with beans and rice. They were okay. This will definitely be on the list of things to order next time.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

I've lived in Camarillo two years and my bank is across the street from TCC, so I have seen it many times. I had never ventured in mainly because I'd never heard of a Texas Cattle Company and the exterior of the building did nothing for me.
However, on 12-30-14 my wife and I were riding bikes and ended up at my bank. We were hungry and talked about biking over to our usual spots such as Baja Fresh, The Habit and so on. Then I noticed we were across the street from TCC. As we were hungry RIGHT THEN I suggested we take a look at their menu. We walked in and I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. It was a nice-looking western-themed interior that made me feel as though I were in - say Texas! I don't know what I had expected but I liked it. The man who seemed to be the manager greeted us warmly and immediately. Soon after we were seated, Evan, came over and took our drink orders. He was very helpful all throughout our lunch answering our questions and checking on us. We split a hamburger and my wife got fries while I opted for a salad. The salad was not just filled with iceberg lettuce - it was a field of greens salad! Another positive. The hamburger was very juicy and tasty. So the food was a winner although I felt a little overpriced at $11.95 for the hamburger. But you know what, Evan was even better. He seemed to be in his very early 20's without a lot of experience but he served us like a pro. I watched his work, his attitude and his care for those he was serving. He gets a 10! We will return!

Reviewed 29 December 2014

Hubby and I were out bike riding today and stopped at TCC for a late lunch. We were greeted very warmly when we walked in and we seated immediately. Our waiter, Evan, came over quickly to give us menus and take out drink orders. Evan was so nice. He was just so very personable - knowledgeable about the menu items and pleasant. He was worth going for. We ordered a burger and split it. The food came quickly. Evan delivered it to our table split on separate plates. The burger was really juicy and good. I'm sure I'll go there again.

Reviewed 17 November 2014

The Texas Cattle Co. is an example of a So Called BBQ Place created (by a Corporation) to be an "Average Nice" Middle of the Road Place...It's cute, and plastic but not real at all...no woodsy sawdust smoky smells or look... this place feels more like a Coffee Shop... Where are the smoker's and BBQ's outside with all that great meat hanging out????...Now it's a Well Known Fact that if you can't smell the BBQ two blocks away don't go!!! This place you don't even smell it when you're sitting there.
Four of us were wandering around looking for a lunch place and someone had a yen for BBQ when we came upon The Texas Cattle Co.
The menu lists Ribs at $27. Bucks a rack, $16. a Half Rack...now those prices are more than Bandits, Famous Dave's or Wood Ranch.
Since it was lunch we went for sandwiches...BBQ Beef, BBQ Tri-Tip and a BURGER. All three were about $12. Bucks Ea. The Beef & Tri-Tip were both with sauce on rolls...OK but not piled high or dripping with flavor.
All the Burgers are $11.95 (except the plain one) for a half pounder. It wasn't bad for $7 or $8. but for $12. it is definitely over priced.
Sooo the bottom line is... it's a cute & clean, overpriced, BBQ Pretender...not authentic for BBQ ...OK for sandwiches ...nothing special... you can do better for less money!

Reviewed 6 November 2014

It was definitely a night for bar-b-q and this place is the restaurant to go to. The server was wonderful explaining everything on the menu and when it came time to order my guy and I ordered the same thing, ribs, baby back ribs. They were fall off the bone great. The baked potato could have been a meal in itself and the salad was good too. We'll go back, soon.