“Atmosphere is better than the Burgers”
Review of Texas Cattle Co. - CLOSED

Texas Cattle Co.
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Our philosophy is to provide our customers with an experience that includes quality food at a reasonable price in a setting that is casual and relaxed with excellent service. As of January 2013, we now offer Certified Angus Beef that are steakhouse quality. This legendary gem of over 25 years is a local favorite that offers an array of freshly prepared Tex-Mex dishes. Menu items include starters like: Macho Nachos and Buffalo Wings to Home-style Soups and Texas-sized Salads, Texas Philly’s and Turkey Burgers along with Sandwich and Patty Melt Classics with a twist like the Ortega Melt, to Soft Tacos, Burritos and Flautas, delicious Texas Burgers, and Steaks that are Certified Angus Beef and Mouth-watering Ribs that go down nicely with an Iced Cold Beer! Top it all off with a Mud Pie for dessert!
Reviewed April 15, 2015

We've been going to Texas Cattle for over 15 years. The atmosphere is cowboy themed, the kids like the train that circles overhead, the service is usually outstanding, and the complimentary popcorn is nice. Its a little pricey for a burger and fries though. The patty melt on grilled sourdough is a favorite. They do have a patio which is nice in the summer time and they feature live entertainment on the weekends.

1  Thank Jim M

Reviewed March 10, 2015

We enjoyed another good meal at Texas Cattle Co, the service was fast and friendly, the sandwiches were very tasty (especially the pulled pork) and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed March 2, 2015

Stopped in mid week and had lunch with 5 friends at TCC. Other than our table, there were only 10 other diners at lunch time. The food was good and the servings were plentiful. My spouse and I decided to try it on the following Friday and took some friends with us. The 6 of us took a table on the patio and from 5 until 7 we were the only party out there. When we left there were only a handful of people inside. Everyone in our group enjoyed their food but we all noticed the prices have gone up quite a bit. We asked the server who told us there have been at least 2 increases since the newest owner took over. This is not a place to command these prices. The owner will find himself out of business if he doesn't take a look at what he charges or his once popular eatery will end up closed.

1  Thank 196CindyJ196
Reviewed January 29, 2015

Stopped in to grab a bite to eat on the run....
Placed an order over the phone. They had carnitas tacos on special so I thought I would try them. WOW I was amazed at the size of the 2 huge tacos and I have never seen so much meat in a taco before. The meat was so tender, juicy, and flavorful. The tacos were so big and full of meat I couldn't eat them all. They came with beans and rice. They were okay. This will definitely be on the list of things to order next time.

Reviewed January 8, 2015

I've lived in Camarillo two years and my bank is across the street from TCC, so I have seen it many times. I had never ventured in mainly because I'd never heard of a Texas Cattle Company and the exterior of the building did nothing for me.
However, on 12-30-14 my wife and I were riding bikes and ended up at my bank. We were hungry and talked about biking over to our usual spots such as Baja Fresh, The Habit and so on. Then I noticed we were across the street from TCC. As we were hungry RIGHT THEN I suggested we take a look at their menu. We walked in and I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. It was a nice-looking western-themed interior that made me feel as though I were in - say Texas! I don't know what I had expected but I liked it. The man who seemed to be the manager greeted us warmly and immediately. Soon after we were seated, Evan, came over and took our drink orders. He was very helpful all throughout our lunch answering our questions and checking on us. We split a hamburger and my wife got fries while I opted for a salad. The salad was not just filled with iceberg lettuce - it was a field of greens salad! Another positive. The hamburger was very juicy and tasty. So the food was a winner although I felt a little overpriced at $11.95 for the hamburger. But you know what, Evan was even better. He seemed to be in his very early 20's without a lot of experience but he served us like a pro. I watched his work, his attitude and his care for those he was serving. He gets a 10! We will return!