“Go Elsewhere”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I was very disappointed with this hotel. Carpets were dirty, wallpaper was stained, room was musty and the bathroom had seen better days. It's a one star hotel for sure. It's only redeeming quality was that it was conveniently off the 101 freeway.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank PaulB777

Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel is showing it's age. Old Hotel. The room we stayed in was I hope not the best one. It was a small room 2 beds. The bathroom only had tub and toilet. too small to even change clothes in. I found mold growing out from under the lid of the toilet tank. The tub was so stained I didn't even want to take a bath in. It smelled like an outhouse in there. Humidity was 67% in the room. After husband took a bath it went up to 72% and stayed there through out the night. You can smell the mold and dust in the air. Not a healthy place to stay.
The hotel in on a main highway so you do have traffic noise.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ncoco53
Reviewed 24 December 2006

Just off the 101 so constant freeway noise which doesn't bother me.
Easy freeway on and off. Very clean. Whatever cleaning solution they use in the elevator has an unpleasant odor. Front office staff is pleasant, friendly and helpful. Has elevator. Some minor deferred maintenance. Does not have handicapp parking, a definite violation of ADA. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Tarj
Reviewed 16 August 2005

My husband and I just traveled from San Diego to San Francisco and had reservations at various hotels dotted up the coast. We were the closest to Camarillo at nightfall and decided to use our reservation here. We arrived around 8:30 and were treated to complimentary wine which was a pleasant finish to a long drive. Our room was clean, everything was in working order and the king size bed was very comfortable. There was plenty to go around at the complimentary breakfast. We had a nice balcony with chairs outside.
There was traffic noise, but that would be expected when you're located off of a major highway (101). Check out was at 12 noon which enabled us to take a leisurely start the next day.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank CVBenson
Reviewed 7 August 2005

This Hotel should only be used as a one night only Hotel to break a long
journey. It is on a major highway so it is quite noisy. It has a small pool at
the front. Coffe and juice are complementary all day long. It has some good
shopping nearby and good places to eat.

2  Thank jimmyb01
Reviewed 4 July 2005

We booked online through the Comfort Inn web site and reserved a jacuzzi suite. Come to find out at check in that they don't even have jacuzzi suites at this hotel- don't know why the web site said differently. And we booked over 10 months in advance yet no one from the hotel called to let us know they didn't offer the room we booked. So they gave me a regular "suite" instead. After entering the room, I found it had not been cleaned. There were dirty towels on the bathroom floor and the bed was not made yet. So I called the front desk and they moved me to another room right next door. This one was made up but the hairdryer in the bathroom had exposed wires. Again I called the front desk and they exchanged it for a new one. The room was pretty disgusting- stains on the chairs, water marks on the ceiling, and walking around barefoot was a challenge as I kept finding sticky spots- YUCK!!! I would recommend any other hotel in Camarillo BUT the Comfort Inn. We were extremely disappointed and would not go back. I am waiting for a call back from Customer Relations at their corporate office to resolve the jacuzzi suite issue. Hopefully I'll get something for my horrible stay.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank Michelle P
A TripAdvisor Member
China Lake, Ca
Reviewed 16 June 2004

I sent my government person tdy here on 6/15/04. He came back saying it was dirty & disgusting. Even the manager behind the counter looked dirty. I was extremely embarrassed and I will not book this hotel anymore.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member