We stayed 2 nights in a standard room, which was clean, quiet, ample and comfortable. Slept great. Drove up to the National Park and hiked extensively, used the pool each day, birdwatched, went to the Rio Negro Hot Springs, went on the horseback ride/tubing adventure, hiked to the lookout and swam beneath one of the waterfalls (outstandingly refreshing). Great place to relax if you don't want to engage in an active visit. The grounds and setting are beautiful.The staff and guides were very helpful when you seek out their help. The dining room has great views and the food was good, although a bit pricey, as are the drinks. The included breakfast was extensive; the fruit and juices were a favorite, but there is plenty of other food to satisfy anyone. Being a working ranch made this feel like a very authentic Costa Rican experience and we would come back to explore more of the area and activities on a future CR visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja