The Hacienda Guachipelin is in a great location just minutes (by car) to the national park. The spa was a great experience. For 5000 colones($10) you get to do the 6 step volcanic mud painting. It was great fun, and made our skin very soft. Our room was clean, was very quiet. But I must say the beds where the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept in, in my life. They felt like they where from the 70's. This is the reason I'm giving this hotel 3 out of 5. I had a horrible sleep both nights I stayed here. The food was great, But I would recommend eating at the bar (which is below the main restaurant) they have the same menu as the main dinning room. But much more relaxed. The only waiter/bar tender was a great guy, very friendly had great recommendations from tasty drinks. Plus they allow the hotel dogs down there. Which we really enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja