Hacienda Guachipelin
US$121
US$134
US$117
  • Breakfast included
Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure(Rincon de La Vieja)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$56
  • Breakfast included
Canon de la Vieja Lodge(Rincon de La Vieja)
US$94
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Rinconcito Lodge(Rincon de La Vieja)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Hotel Paraiso Tropical(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
US$60
US$34
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
La Anita Rainforest Ranch(Rincon de La Vieja)
  • Breakfast included
Rancho Curubande' Lodge(Rincon de La Vieja)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
1,517 results
All reviewsnational parkriver tubingday adventurehorseback ridinghot springszip lininggrand tourcosta ricaadventure centerday passfree shuttledinner buffeta la carte menuwhite water tubingcanopy tourbuffet stylegreat adventure
Reviewed January 15, 2018

The location was convenient for visiting the national park. We were glad we only stayed for 1 day and night. The room was large and clean. The restaurant was disappointing - service was slow and sub par (quite a few mistakes were made in our orders and we kept having to ask for what we ordered), and food was very bland and a bit over priced for what you get.

As observed by other customers, this was the only place we've visited in CR during our 12-day road trip where tips jars were everywhere. We even got a handwritten message from the maid asking for tips as we arrived - really?!?

I think if we visit the area again we will probably check out the other places like Borinquin or Buena Vista.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelBug128
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Terrible experience with this hotel after having to cancel my room due to reasons out of my control. Reached out several times but it is clear the customer service department and this hotel do not prioritize customer satisfaction or transparency. Their lack of communication and willingness to work with their customers is of high concern. I have never encountered a more cold and rigid experience than dealing with this hotel. I would not recommend to anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay with a couple, family, or at all when visiting Costa Rica. Do yourself a favor and visit Arenal or Monteverde instead much better hotels/sights/food/experience hands down!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meg H
Reviewed January 8, 2018

There were 6 in our group, (my husband and I, 4 grown kids). It was one of our best days ever!! The zip lining is amazing, the horse back riding was ok, the water tubing was unbelievable! Then, we did the hot springs to end our day. Lunch was also very good and they accommodated my daughter-in-law and myself who are both gluten free.
Highly recommend!!

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Yogapt
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Large hacienda with over 70 rooms, attracting families and small groups. My room 73 was reachable through narrow turning stairs only, not easy with luggage. Spatious room, good bed, good wifi, basic bathroom. Diner was pushed to buffet style at 20US with mediocre quality food, same at breakfast with long queuing for ommelettes.
I got bitten at least 40 times by sandflies in pool area, restaurant and on my room terrace, could enjoy the itching at least 5 more days

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jannim1966
Reviewed January 4, 2018

We chose this hotel among a few similar types that are near the Rincon de la Vieja national park and this hotel has the Adventure Center. You can do a range of outdoor activities like zipline, river tubing, horseback riding, etc. thru the efficient and professional outfitter on site. The other hotels bus people in to do the activities. The park hike with the volcanic pools, vents and mudpits is well maintained and OK for all levels of hikers. There is a separate short waterfall hike and natural hot springs in a river canyon setting nearby also. Rooms, grounds and pool are all in very good condition and the website photos are accurate. The restaurant is OK, not fine dining but the choices of the buffet or off the menu are fine for a couple/few days' stay. We found the general atmosphere, options of activities and attentive staff created a very relaxing yet fun filled stay.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are nice & best value. Standard rooms are fine and close to pool & restaurant. Note, some rooms are near the stables.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple