1,610 results
All reviews river tubing national park day adventure horseback riding hot springs grand tour zip lining costa rica rio negro rock climbing adventure center free shuttle day pass dinner buffet white water tubing a la carte menu canopy tour
Reviewed April 10, 2010

The minute you arrive, you realize things are different. I felt instantly relaxed and at home. My kids ran around freely and enjoyed the relaxing manicured surroundings.
You have the option of having a schedule or doing what you want when you want..either way you aren't missing a thing because you will enjoy yourself laying on a hammock or milking a cow! It's an experience my kids will never forget and all their friends envy...
Walking up to the lookout to watch the sunset is one of my favorite times...the volcano can be clearly seen in the background and the view is amazing!
Zip lining, horseback riding and going down the river where my sons favorite activities..we were tired at the end of the day and treated ourselves to a relaxing time soaking in the warm thermal water followed by an amazing outdoor massage!
I have been coming here for many years and finally decided to write a review because I truly believe in the consistency of quality customer service offered at Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin.

Date of stay: March 2010
1  Thank ticaimport
Reviewed April 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I visited the Hacienda Guachipelin to spend the day at Adventure Tours. We did not stay at the hotel however. We had such a good time, and highly recommend doing the one day pass. We started our day with the zipline tour, then had lunch at the Hacienda. After lunch we went white water intertubing. We had some time later in the afternoon, so we did a horseback ride out to the waterfall and swam a bit. Everyone on the staff was so friendly and made sure that we enjoyed our time there. I highly recommend visiting Adventure Tours!

Date of stay: March 2010
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JRH04
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I, along with 2 other friends, all of us professional business women were at this "resort" on the evening of Febuary 5th, 2010. The staff requested we move to a different room for a 2nd night and our luggage was placed in their reception area behind a secure area. A box of my purchase of coffee, approx $150.00 was taken out of this area where our luggage was kept. Initially the hotel staff claimed they didn't take it and then several weeks later while in the midst of email communications, the box turned up as found.
Now they want me to pay to have my coffee shipped to me when it was their employees that took the box to begin with. And they are constantly giving me the run-around every time I request the whereabouts of the shipment of my coffee.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
jbatalla, Owner at Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

The situation with the coffee is corrected, the coffee was shiped to the US and received by the owners as we confirmed via email.
It is our feeling that there was a comunication problem that is now solved through more training to our staff to handle unwanted situations. Our apollogies.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

We learned that the weather affects the experience in Costa Rica, so perhaps a different time of year would yield a different experience of this hotel. But ours was unpleasant. The biggest issue is that there are biting flies that hurt when they bite and create an itch that lasts for days. Deet repellent didn't help. Our first day had hurricane force winds, which made the only dining, which was outdoors, difficult. Even two days later when the winds had died, the plates at the buffet were still dirty with dust. There are two categories of rooms that we know of - one with A.C. and the other without. We had neither A.C. nor hot water when needed. The staff at the hotel rarely smiled, and in the dining room you had to seek them out. The food was expensive and the buffet was the same every lunch and dinner, with only minor variation. The pool was very very cold, and the bar by the pool was always closed. The mud bath might have been fun but the flies made it miserable.

The only reason to go here is to hike the volcano, if you can stand the biting flies, and to do the adventure tours. But Arenal has both without the bites. Why travel the unpaved bumpy roads to get to this hot dry place whose staff needs an adrenalin boost?

Reviewed February 21, 2010

The room is average, the beds OK, the pillows ridiculously flat. it's clean and the service is friendly. The food isn't great at the hotel and you really don't have anywhere else to go, but the pizza in the bar is very good with all fresh products. Staff was helpful, but the real reason to stay here is the Adventure Tour. We signed up for a full day of adventure and it is well worth it. We did the canyon zip line tour, then horsebacked to a waterfall on the way to the river tubing. Came back for lunch, horsebacked to the big waterfall for a swim, and then on to the spa for the mud bath. The adventure staff is completely competent, instructs you in safety, and is there to guide you along. The horses are easy-going. (I never rode before and other than being sore from bumping along, I felt completely at ease.) Everyone is friendly and helpful. You can also hike into the park and up to the volcano on your own from there.

1  Thank Lastvacation