“Great oysters! Excellent dinner.”
Review of Forthright

Forthright
Ranked #17 of 198 Restaurants in Campbell
Reviewed January 1, 2017

Our first time trying this restaurant; we like the location and had been here many times before when it was Hawg's. Much of the interior is the same, but no more TVs :-)

We started with a few oysters on the half shell and craft cocktails -- cocktails were flavorful and expertly made -- the oysters were some of the freshest we've even had, simply outstanding!

For our main course, we had the scallops, and the Johnny Cakes, which were excellent.

Service was right on; overall ambiance was nice. We'll be back!

1  Thank Mary99

Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

Feeling so lucky this place is within walking distance of my house. My second visit has left me more than happy to find such a gem. Oysters, knew little to nothing, but the waiters have forayed me into some beautiful choices and have fed my curiosity for more. Fresh warm bread served with a buratta (sp?) & olive oil is so yummy. Have tried several glasses of wine on there list and been happy with all. I had charred squid with shishito peppers and shrimp & grits. Beignets for dessert! Try sitting at the counter to watch the magic happen! Several parties going on and didn't seem to cut into service at all. First visit was a bit rough around the edges, but they seem to have settled down nicely. Staff seems well versed and give great recommendations. They are now doing lunch and brunch on the weekend. We got a peek at the brunch menu and looking forward to coming back to try! Bottomless mimosas!! Yay!!

Reviewed October 27, 2016

Been here twice and really enjoyed it both times. They have a great oyster selection (7+ at a time) with both raw and different cooked options.

Although they are generally considered starters we went with an all oyster dinner and really enjoyed it.

They have some really creative clever touches - for example the cocktail sauce doesn't use tomato, it is made using beets. Delicious.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

Walked in and was immediately treated like one of the family, even though it was our first time there! Food is "off the hook" awesome and the drinks are absolutely delicious as well. Oysters on the half shell were bright, clean, ice cold, served beautifully with condiments (even though the condiments were unnecessary), the NY strip was grilled absolutely perfect, the tako was super tender and delicious. A new "Destination Point" for us! Wish I could give more than 5 stars!

Reviewed August 28, 2016

We went to Forthright on a Saturday night. Although we had reservations for 5:45, I'm not sure we needed them. There is indoor and outdoor seating. We chose the latter since it was a little cool that evening. Happy Hour ends at six so we were in time to take advantage of some lower priced wine which doubled in price after six. We each had a cup of chowder which came with bread. Delicous! Then my husband had the johnny cakes with butter poached lobster and I had the charred Spanish octopus. Neither one of us had had these dishes before and it was fun to try something new and different. Everything was well prepared and interesting in a good way. The beignets for dessert were perfect. The service throughout our meal was excellent, a very welcoming and friendly staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will be back again!