Set in rolling hills of pine forests, this hotel is charming. The staff were very nice and we loved our room which had wonderful views and was quite spacious. Free wifi was available and there was a small balcony with seating. The lodge was lovely and there is a special little area with fireplace where we were able to have dinner one night and with an available espresso machine for morning. The spa I believe is being renovated because massages were done in the room which is less desirable because they did not provide a massage table, rather used the bed. A bed is not firm enough and not comfortable so I felt the massage experience to be sub-par. Although the breakfasts were fairly good, one evening we had a dinner which was not only terrible but a safety hazard! We were served chicken that was still bloody in the middle which was a health risk! We did not eat it (though had1-2 bites after noticing) and told the server but she just shyly apologized and quickly exited with our plates. We did not want any thing else nor did we eat dinner there again. I felt that the chef/cook should have personally apologized or that someone should have done a bit more considering we could have become ill from this meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located thirty minutes from Paro International Airport, Naksel Boutique Hotel & SPA is a luxury retreat where the comforts of man and the presence of nature combine for a peaceful escape in the hills of Bhutan. Nestled on the edge of the national forest and the quiet Ngoba Village, Naksel derives its name from the Dzongka translation of 'Forest,' which is only fitting for this Himalayan sanctuary. The main lodge and surrounding cottages of Naksel rest on six acres of apple orchard, nearly 2700 meters above sea level. Each room, cottage and suite boasts unparalleled views of Mount Jumolhari, Taktsang Monastery, Sangachoekhor Monastery, and the Paro valley below. Elaborate hand-carved pillars and beautiful stonework exemplify the essence of Bhutan while tapered mud-brick walls provide insulation and restful silence. Leading Bhutan in energy efficiency, Naksel features LED lighting, highly efficient water heaters, and Swedish under floor heating systems preheated by solar panels. Main construction materials for Naksel are indigenous and locally purchased. Traditional windows, mud-bricks, framework and even furniture were locally crafted here in Ngoba Village, connecting Naksel to the surrounding forest. We offer the following room-categories: 1. Superior-room with two-single-size-beds (7 rooms) 2. Deluxe-rooms with 2 standard-size-beds with balcony (24 rooms) 3. Junior-Suites with 2 queen-size-beds. (5 rooms) 4. Executive-roof-top-suites with one king-size-bed (2 rooms) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and BhutanBookings so you can book your Naksel Boutique Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nak-Sel Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Nak-Sel Boutique Hotel Paro