“Absolute Must Try”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was an amazing experience. In a restaurant that seats approx 12 people only. Every dish in the degustation menu was impressive. It was an honour to watch the soba noodles being prepared, and our host Midori made the experience memorable.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

I once saw the restaurant featured in Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, so we decided to try our luck on a day when we were skiing Niseko. It took us a while to find the restaurant and we were kind of prepared to find it full without reservations (especially when we saw the 'only 20 meals' served for lunch - letter on the door), but we were early enough and it was severely snowing so I don't think a lot of people made it there. In stark contrast to the somewhat plasticky atmosphere you get throughout Niseko the 'real' and authentic nature of the place struc us as soon as we came through the door: the atmosphere, the calm, the dignity of the pair, the respect with which food is treated,... Insane! I ordered the cold Soba Noodles with the duck soup and the tempura. One of the most amazing meals I ever had, just over lunch in a ski resort...! From the dip for the noodles to the spice and salt mix for the tempura: perfectly balanced and full of flavour. The texture of the noodles (which were hand cut in front of us) was amazing, and contrasted amazingly with the warm duck broth. With a great sake (Kunimare) to close of the day we headed back to the lifts and the general busy nature of the resort, but the atmosphere and impression from this place would reverberate throughout the day. A must visit if you are in the area (and worth a detour too).

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Yves V
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Booked one year in advance. Food is special and prepared with love. Price is very expensive, so once for the experience is enough.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

This is not any soba restaurant. The multi-course dinner was exquisite. We had various pieces of sashimi which literally melted in your mouth. The shabu shabu was so delicate and delicious that I ate all of the big portion that was on offer. The soba was amazing. Makes me hungry even thinking about it.

The owners were very kind and welcoming which made the experience even more delightful.

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Hand made soba noodles - great! I usually like to eat soba, but won’t really rave about it, because to me, soba is just a type of noodles that we can easily cook/boil with plain water and dip in the sauce and eat. However, the reason why I like this is because I can’t just buy it anywhere. The noodles combined with this white lumpy thing that they asked u to dip together with the sauce makes the whole taste very tangy and refreshing. I ordered the Cold soba (which I highly recommend) and my husband ordered the hot soba noodles. Both sets come with some mini onion tempura, which in my opinion is nicer than their vegetables tempura (extra order). Seatings are limited, and they only make the noodles by batches of 8 pple. Altho I got a seat, since I’m the 9th person, I have to wait for the first 8 to eat first. Will recommend this if you’re a soba noodles fan! Everything was on point! Even the decor of the place! Be sure to arrive there at least 15min early! Restaurant opens at 11.30am at Annupuri area. Best soba I’ve eaten!

Date of visit: February 2018