“Great Capitola Gem!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2017

This place is like eating with family...that love you and can cook! We came here for my birthday this year and were not disappointed. The service is exceptional - probably the best I've had anywhere in the area - made us feel special and well taken care of. The food was delicious - I had the chicken parmesan special and my husband had the Gnocchi Italia. Both were spectacular. Their sauces are perfect. If you have room for dessert - and even if you don't - you MUST have the tiramisu. Seriously. I don't even like tiramisu but would come here just for that. It's on a different level of deliciousness! Fantastic restaurant - wish they took reservations for parties under 6 - but if you do have to wait, it will be worth it!

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Really nice tiny restaurant with maybe 6 tables and a small counter to eat. No liquor, and very limited wine list, but outstanding friendly service. The place is a bit dated with 80's decor and kitchy Italian decorations, but the menu is long and well priced. If you need to go to the bathroom, you have to go out a sliding glass door in the middle of the dining room and walk down the alley!

They were out of a bunch of wines on the list, although there are only about 8 red and 8 white selections, all with no producer or vintage. Even so our server found a nice Barbera and was very easy to talk to and helpful. The truffle pasta was incredible and the chicken farm special was killer. Great dipping oil and bread too.

Fun, but expect a wait on the weekends.

Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

I took my parents here for my mom's birthday and we could not have been happier with the way this place turned out. The staff and our waitress in particular were amazing! She was very attentive and personable. The food was delicious and very authentic. If I could leave a night review I would. Come give them a try, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Jake S
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

We eat here every time we are in town. This time was able to bring my 85 year old very picky Italian Mama. And she gave it a thumbs up.
The gnocchi are my favorite. The tiramisu is heaven.
Very friendly professional staff.
See you next time.

Reviewed November 11, 2016

the service on our first (and Last) visit here was a disaster. Friends who go their often invited us to join them. They knew our server well, and chatted with him for awhile after we were seated. The salad, appetizer and wine came out within a reasonable time.

Then we sat, and sat, for at least 40 minutes, finished the wine bottle, and still had the salad and app plates in front of us, as well as empty water glasses. Meanwhile, the small place filled up. Several tables got entrees while we continued to sit.

Finally, our server approached our table with a couple of our entrees (his first encounter since bringing the salad and app earlier), and asked if we would like more wine. My husband responded that we would like some food first. Server also said he would be back to collect our dirty salad plates, while dropping off the first entrees. After a few minutes the other entrees arrived and the first course plates were removed.

The food was good although the gnocchi in the three sauces was disappointing in flavor and texture. It didn't make up for the horrible service and high noise level, which makes it very hard to have table conversation. Doubt we will go back.