All reviews fire pit hot tub rooftop patio unique hotel ocean view beach town hard boiled eggs southwest room free breakfast is watching the sunset our entire stay yoga studio garden room unique rooms paradise room beautiful sunset location is fantastic
Reviewed October 20, 2017

I stayed at the lodge for two nights in the Lattice Room...I asked for the darkest room as I really wanted to sleep in...this room was perfect! Very quiet, comfortable foam top mattress, plenty of pillows to choose from...absolutely no complaints! The roof top was a blast! Both nights we were the only people up there! When the roof closed at 10pm, we walked next door to the bar and played pool! Location is amazing...walk to beach, Seaside Market, liquor store...brought dinner in both nights to eat on the roof and watch the sunset! The staff was GREAT, extremely accommodating and friendly! I highly recommend a few nights when in the area!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I thought the cost was way above the value. The pillows were very poor, made of shredded foam, sign stating, do not use the hair blower when the air is on, will blow the fuse,one blower above the bed to cool the room, two full flights of steps to the roof, no elevator or ramp, their was ONE firepit and ONE small hot tub for all guests, on the roof, everything shuts down at 10 pm, everything there was old, sufficient , but old and needed to be upgraded, location is good, parking is good, one small frig, no microwave, the staff are great. Especially Tina and she works hard to make a nice continental breakfast and very good coffee, she was extremely nice and helpful, it is a quaint neat little place that is overpriced for the quality we got, in my opinion. Not going to be able to stay there again for about two hundred a night. There is NO pool. For the money, I can do much much better.

Room Tip: Not worth the money.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Last night had dinner at the Chart House at Cardiff by the Sea. Our table was by the window which was fully open to the beach for an obstructed view. The sunset was spectacular! All you could see was the beach and ocean. Our waitress Lynn was excellent! The food was absolutely delicious! Truly one of the most memorable meals ever!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

My wife booked a room here, and to begin with, the front desk couldn't find our reservation. To be fair, it was through Hotels.com, so that may not have been an issue with the hotel.
The real problem, however, was the powerful mildew smell. I should have known something was off when we were shown to the room and the door was open...
We were now running late for my brother-in-law's wedding, so I cranked on the A/
C, hoping that some drier air would clear up some of the mildew smell.
When we returned a few hours later, the smell was far worse, utterly unacceptable.
I asked Anthony at the front desk to move, no other room was available. I asked him to come and check out how bad the mildew smell was, and he didn't seem to really care. We could not stay in the room, it was overbearing!
We checked out at 10 p.m. without a refund or so much as the hint of an apology.
I highly recommend avoiding this establishment.

Room Tip: I'd avoid this place.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos M
Reviewed October 5, 2017

We searched through all the big resorts in Southern California and finally found, on TripAdvisor, this hidden gem. It was worth the search! Perched on a hill overlooking the ocean north of La Jolla, the Lodge has a welcoming warm staff and a collection of unique rooms, each entirely different from the next. We were allowed to chose between three available rooms and chose the Santa Fe styled room, with a rustic four-poster bed, a fireplace, a huge unique shower, and a wall of windows overlooking the ocean.Breakfast is included and we took ours up to the roof deck with breezes coming off the ocean, a fire pit, hot tub, and several seating areas. Parking is always an issue along the beach, but the Lodge has its own parking garage underneath. We LOVED our stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Loved the Santa Fe style room!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple