“Casual scene great food and location ”

Pacific Coast Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacific Coast Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Now on the ocean in Cardiff, PCG is a hip and artistic trip for your senses. Feast on extraordinary Pacific Coast Cuisine in visually stunning surroundings. The Pacific Coast Grill is a place to see and be seen and most of all, to enjoy.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This is an upscale restaurant located right on the coast (the waves could not be closer). The scene is laid back. Casual. However, the food is clearly up scale. Fish and meat were great. 8/10

Reviewed April 2, 2018

The View is grand at Pacific Coast Grill as it is right on the beach. The servers are kind. The food is good but not great. I happened to eat there twice last week. Once for dinner and once for lunch. For dinner I ordered the salmon. I have a shellfish allergy which makes ordering anything a bit tricky. The salmon came stacked on top of all the other food. This presentation is not my favorite. Who wants their food looking like a skyscraper anyway? The salmon was undercooked. I realize that many people prefer it this way but not me. I like it grilled and asked them to cook it more. After a long while they brought back a whole new plate of it. I was appreciative for their helpfulness but by then it wasn't all that great and wasn't cooked much more. Then the next day I ate lunch there. I told them I had a shellfish allergy and ordered the mahi sandwhich. The very nice waiter came back and told me I couldn't have it because it might touch shellfish on the grill. (Um couldn't they have offered to clean a portion of the grill or pan fry it?) I ordered a salad and it was ok. The other people I ate with seemed happy with the food. Perhaps when serving salmon they could ask how people like it cooked? And maybe a fish option that is not cooked on top of shellfish. Just a thought.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

So I'm suppose to be rating the food right? Well the food is wonderful. I would go back regularly if I was a resident of San Diego. That said The view is out of control, WOW! Right on the ocean and it doesn't' get better than that.
The service was perfect from the moment we walked in.
A must go to if your in the area.

Reviewed March 23, 2018

The atmosphere is quite lively, the bar tender is fast and fluent, and the walk from the car is either a few steps (valet) or not too many steps (car park). Even if the car park over-flows, there's plenty of parking just beyond.
Well worth making a reservation. The beer selection is respectable and the wine won't disappoint if you know what you like. If the wait staff disappoint, you might just be the kind of person who is never pleased with anything.
PCG know how to prepare and cook fish food. I love salmon done right and I was really pleased with the flavor. The texture was so good, it must've been just 25 seconds from the grill to my table when served. Fantastic.
Whatever you do, do not try the bread pudding. The portion isn't small by any means, but you might well want to order another, and another. It is ferociously delicious.
I will come again. Very enjoyable evening out.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Located right on the beach, Pacific Coast Grill has a great ocean view and great food. Had the MahI-Mahi fish and chips for lunch. Might be best I have ever had. Will be back and certainly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Steve G