“Expensive but good dining ”

Cicciotti’s Trattoria Italiana & Seafood
Ranked #11 of 365 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We weren’t sure what we were expecting, but we were pleasantly surprised. This restaurant is a little expensive but we managed to not go overboard on our budget. We ordered a regular pizza and it was good. The tomato and basil soup was delicious. The best part was the fresh warm bread and tomato dip they give you while you wait for your food. It was so good and refreshing. I could have just eaten that and been satisfied. The waiter was very friendly and attentive. They have outdoor seating. Worth the experience to come here.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had the best time here. They were more than happy to accommodate all of us on their outdoor patio. It was a chilly day and they put out heaters for us. The staff was friendly and accommodating since we were such a large crowd (about 35 guests). The food was super yummy and hot. No one received cold food unless it was a salad. My husband and I shared the pop pizza and their pizza list is generous with a variety of unique combinations but we stuck to what we knew. The salad portobello salad was SO good. Tiramisu was dessert and it too was delicious. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of five stars was because I didn't like my margarita. They need to revisit the mix they use. I didn't like it and I've had some really good margaritas. Lol.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed the calamari gritting appetizer, except a cheesecloth on the lemon would be nice instead of all the lemon pits in the calamari. Sure they do well and should invest in cheese cloths for lemons! Oysters are good and fresh.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Cicciotti's was better than anything comparable in Silicon Valley, where we live. Though it was a crowded weekend night, we were seated outside right away. The waiter was attentive and charming. Food was delicious.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Meet up with my husbands sister while on a business trip in n La Jolla. My recommendation was somewhere by the water and she picked Cicciotti’s. Good choice. I ordered the Spaghetti Bolognese, order d the Veal Parmigiana and her granddaughter ordered a Margherita Pizza. We all enjoyed our meal and had enough to take home for seconds! Service was good.