“Excellent Experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, California, United States
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I was travelling with my mother down to San Diego for my nephew's Graduation from University of San Diego and did not know how much of the 500 miles I could travel before needing to stop for the night as I had experienced a long cross country plane trip barely more than 30 hours earlier, so I hadn't booked a place in advance. I wanted good value while staying in an affordable price range, they delivered a comfortable and well appointed room at a rate not much more than a stay at a Motel 6 that I had called on nearby. Staff lead by Hanna was very friendly and the breakfast provided was nice with a hot choice of fresh waffles to go with the cold fare others call a meal. If I go to San Diego again (or LegoLand) by car I will definately repeat my choice to stay there.

Room Tip: This is a non-smoking hotel, which I love, but it doesn't necessarily mean that guests honor tha...
1 Thank James N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We have stayed at many hotels in San diego area and this is definitely one of the better ones. We had a two bed room suite and the rooms were extremely well kept and really neat. The hotel is just 5 minutes drive from Legoland and I highly recommend this place.

3 Thank saj74_99
milton keynes
Reviewed 24 May 2012

i stayed here for 10 days whilst visiting my girlfriend. its very clean and the staff are very helpful hanna was very friendly and was willing to help me with any query i had. it took me forever to find a hotel with the budget i had i was scared i would be staying in a dump but econolodge is far from a dump. the room i stayed in was massive bathroom was nice and the microwave and fridge worked well i loved staying there ! only down fall is the noise from the freeway and the breakfast isnt worth the wake up better off going to dennys down the road.

Room Tip: ask for a room that is far from the freeway
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bigworld121
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I booked the hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews, and it was as described (good rate, clean, new furnishings, etc) except for one thing: if you are a light sleeper, the traffic noise from the 405 is way too loud. The hotel is about a block away from the 405, with nothing much inbetween. You watch the traffic go by.

We booked a back room away from the freeway as others have suggested, and used a white noise machine, but we could still hear louder vehicles like motorcycles clear as day. And the traffic on the 405 is 24/7, it never dies down. I slept fine, as did my kids, but my wife is a light sleeper and she did not. If you are a light sleeper I would not recommend this hotel. Otherwise it's great, and about ten minutes from Legoland.

1 Thank travelinfam25
Paso Robles, CA
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We booked a room for our weekend visit to nearby Legoland. For the price, this hotel can't be beat. Love having a fridge and microwave in the room. Clean and nice furnishings. Every time we came in the lot one of the owners could be seen sweeping the parking area and keeping things neat and tidy. No coffee maker in the room, but this wasn't a problem for us since none of us are coffee drinkers and if we had been the lobby had one set up as well as the breakfast room.

WiFi worked inside our room and was free if you request the login info. We were close to the lobby so I can't say if the free WiFi works in all the rooms or not. We didn't use the pool, but did take a look and it was clean and a good size for the number of rooms on the property.

Free continental breakfast was nice, albeit somewhat basic like most continental breakfasts are. Tea, coffee, juice, milk, a few breakfast cereals, donuts, a few toast varieties, apples, oranges, hard boiled eggs and a make-your-own waffle station. Open 7-10 am with a few tables to sit at and eat there. We weren't supposed to bring the food back to our room, but with an unruly 5 year old eager to explore Legoland, we disobeyed the posted signs and trekked our waffles, Fruit Loops and juice back to the room to get ready. The staff didn't seem to mind our minor disobedience. Every employee we came across our entire trip was very professional and friendly.

Our room was near the front so there was definitely traffic noise from the highway just out front, but after a day traipsing around an amusement park everyone was too tired for it to cause a problem. Only maybe a five minute drive to Legoland which was great considering the few hotels closer were around twice the price. We will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back are quieter due to more distance between the rooms and the freeway.
1 Thank Auntie_LaLa81
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The motel has recently been updated (3 hrs ago ) and the size of the room was exceptionally large. Our room was very clean and had a TV, frig, a coffee maker and a micro wave. Continental breakfast and use of the computer in the lobby were included without additional charge. Wireless Internet may only be accessed inside the lobby, which might not be as convenient. The location is very close to Legoland, which was important to us.
There are several good restaurants not far from the motel, which was convenient.

Room Tip: Since the property is next to a major highway, it is a good idea to request a room further away from...
1 Thank Norman C
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Econo Lodge Inn Near Legoland with a group of 5 middle school children we were chaperoning for a school trip to Legoland. There was a lot of noise from the freeway, but the children(and adults) were tired by bedtime and slept like it wasnt there. The rooms and their furnishings are very basic, but clean and like new. The pool was small, but clean and well maintained-the kids enjoyed it. The free breakfast was good- waffles, cereal, rolls, coffee and juice. The staff at this hotel were so nice and helpful. The price was good and we would most definatley stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business