All reviews outlet mall across the street yogurt free shuttle free breakfast shuttle service to legoland walking distance breakfast room lego land premium outlets legoland visit nice pool hot tub no elevator flower fields great place to stay pool area
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

the exterior was a bit dilapidated but the room was nice. it was comfy and quiet and just what we needed in a pinch. the price was good compared to other hotels in the area. breakfast was ok. would reccomend for a nights stay

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McMillanAndWife
Colin R, General Manager at Carlsbad by the Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Check back with us this fall as the new Windmill Food Hall that is opening. It's a really fun and unique dining experience!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Staff is friendly, breakfast is good tjet have many choices, kids get a beach ball at check in, they also have some in the pool area. Rooms have a balcony or patio, pool area is very nice they have towels for guest to use.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay! The beach balls are definitely a hit. I hope you had a chance to play with them at the beach, too!

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

My husband and i stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. Their price is not that cheap and not that expensive too. I like their breakfast. There was only one problem we encountered in this hotel - their sink was clogged. So we opted not to use it.
Just some tip: choose the groundfloor room especially if u have lots of luggages like us. All in all we are going to be back here again for our next vacation.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

I'm pleased that you had a good experience while you were staying with us, other than the clogged sink. I hope we had our maintenance team was able to get it unclogged for you. We look forward to having you return in the future!

Reviewed May 17, 2018

This is a mid to low tier hotel, that has the feeling of a hotel slash motel. Its a pretty good value (during the time we stayed there. One thing to note is that the name is a little misleading - its by the freeway, not the sea...

The rooms are decent, but had some issues like the bathroom sink stopper not working, the bathroom fan cover was missing, and the shower faucet was cracked. Also, we wanted a king bed, but the beds must be a queen since its on the small side.

The property is a little tired on the outside - the bright red fire alarm next to our room was obviously broken which is disconcerting.

The pool is great - a decent size and I think its a salt-water pool. The pool is the best part of the hotel.

Also, its very close to the outlet mall, so if you like shopping you can walk there from this hotel.

Room Tip: try to get a room that doesn't face the street
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank justin44
Reviewed May 7, 2018

From 9 PM til 3 AM we experienced one problem after another relating to old antiquated equipment. My wife has medication that requires refrigeration when its stored. First the heater in the room didn't work. It blew cold air. They came and fixed it. The fridge didn't work at all. They replaced it. The new one barely worked and would not keep food at a safe temprature which according to food safety requirements is 42 degrees. It barely was under room temperature even though turned up to high. Maybe because the fridge had to be plugged in to an outlet strip instead of the wall and it wasn't getting enough electricity. I dunno. We'll find out soon enough. Then the toilet plugged at 3 AM. That can happen anywhere but when we asked for a plunger we were told we couldn't have one til maintenance came back in at 6 AM. My wife headed to the nearest all night CVS to buy one. 20- minutes layter a security guard shoiws up with a plunger. By the time she got back she was ticked, said she couldn't sleep anyway so we checked out at 4 AM and headed home.

This was a Friday night. We called the next day and asked for a manager. Got a voicemail and no return call. Monday I asked for the general manager. Got a voicemail and no return call. We called 2 more times and left voicemails for managers. Its been 9 days now. No calls.

We called te County of San Diego. and City of Carlsbad about the fridges and the the outlet strips. They both confirmed they will investigate. I do not have results yet so I don't know what found. If someone from management had bothered to call back I'm sure we could have straightened things out but my guess is they think they are so close to LegoLand they can operate with impugnity. My advice is pay a few bucks more and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pick one at a different place
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family