All reviews outlet mall across the street free shuttle yogurt free breakfast walking distance breakfast room premium outlets lego land legoland visit nice pool no elevator hot tub flower fields great place to stay pool area fridge and microwave
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Pros: The location was perfect. Right off the freeway and walking distance to the outlets across the street as well as a few other places. Costco was very close which was great as I was able to get lunch at their outside kiosk. The free shuttle to and from Legoland was a great bonus.
Cons: 2 days there and our room was not cleaned although housekeeping was great when I approached then about needing certain housekeeping items. Pool was dirty. Jacuzzi was filthy. Breakfast was gross. The eggs were soaking in water. The turkey sausage was hard and tasteless. Not many options to eat for those watching their carb intake. Only went once and had our breakfast the next day elsewhere.
Would I stay again, yes.

Trip type: Travelled with family
ColinR1842, General Manager at Carlsbad by the Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your stay with us and your constructive feedback. I'm pleased you were able to take advantage of our ideal location. I hope you had a chance to get to the beach, too!

I don't understand why your room was not serviced on your second day. That is definitely not our standard. I will follow up with housekeeping to see if there is an explanation so it won't happen again. My apologies.

While you were here you may have noticed some construction activity at the windmill building. We will be welcoming a new and unique dining venue called the Windmill Dining Hall. It features eleven independent vendors offering a variety of options (including breakfast):.full inside/outside bar, family friendly activities, and indoor and outdoor seating. I understand you were disappointed with our breakfast but it will soon be changing; we will be offering breakfast at the new dining hall.

Cheers,

Reviewed September 14, 2018

We decided to stay in Carlsbad for our trip to SeaWorld. We were looking for a place that was close to the freeway and close to the beach. The resort is located right next to the I-5 and was only about a 25-30 min. drive to San Diego. Carlsbad is a really neat town and has a lot of restaurants and the beach was literally a 2 min. drive away. The only thing I was sad about was that the Carlsbad Flower Fields were no longer blooming. You can see them from the resort and I am sure it's quite the site in the summer months. Would stay here again and recommend. Be aware, they are renovating and adding a food court/family space in the windmill. It didn't affect our stay at all. The front desk was very polite and let us check in early. I even got my special request of a pool view room.

Room tip: Rooms on the East side will give you a view of the Carlsbad Flower Fields
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Colin_Ross_44, General Manager at Carlsbad by the Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Hello luckyluckyme,

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us while you were in the San Diego area. I'm pleased that you had a nice experience while you were with us. You are correct about the Flower Fields, they are visually stunning when in bloom.Each year is a bit different, but generally they are in full bloom in the spring. Usually between March and May. You will need to come back then to check it out!

Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Close to legoland, very nice to just relax and not worry about driving in traffic with two young kids. Not really a “resort”, more like a decent motel. But in this area, i guess this hotel has the best value- every hotel around here is same or double. The biggest con ( reason for my 3 stars) the walls are soooooo thin. I can hear people just talking. The footsteps from the upper floor and the room feels like it shakes every time a neighbor closes their door. But what bugged me the most is the footsteps and stomping....

1  Thank krystalhanna
Colin_Ross_44, General Manager at Carlsbad by the Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Hello Krystal H,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. I'm glad that you believe that you received a good value. However, I understand your concern regarding the noise. We will be refurbishing our guest rooms this fall which will include upgraded flooring and wall coverings. We understand that noise can be an issue so we are taking steps to mitigate the situation.

Cheers,

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very close to Legoland. The room and premises were very clean. I was very happy with our choice. Breakfast was included with our stay. Overall a great value. It’s not super fancy, but it didn’t feel cheap either.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Marta V
Colin_Ross_44, General Manager at Carlsbad by the Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Hi Marta V,

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for your comments. I'm really happy you enjoyed your visit. There are many hotels to choose from in Carlsbad and I'm pleased that you gave us an opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

we spent 3 nights in this resort, the resort is next to a high end retail park, that has shops and restaurants, which is nice to stroll around in the evening, the resort itself is small with a small clean pool, the rooms are basic but a are clean, the beds are comfortable, good location next to the beach, we enjoyed our stay here.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tony b

Hello tony b,

Thanks for your kind words. More importantly, I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your experience here. We're planning on doing some more renovations in the next six months so I hope you get a chance to come visit us again!