1,411 results
All reviews across the street great location carlsbad beach outdoor fireplace beach access ocean view very nice hotel front desk staff breakfast buffet easy access hotel restaurant business center san diego short drive outlet mall pool and hot tub fitness center
Reviewed July 8, 2015

The stay here was great, if I can give more than excellent I would. Since it was my birthday, upon my arrival there was a cake in the room waiting for me, and a bottle of champagne followed. All the hotel staff was super nice, and I would like to give extra cudos to Jelena. She was helpful, thoughtful and very pleasant with a smile.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank heidi_jackson37
Reviewed July 7, 2015

I booked my room in April for July 4th weekend. The room was approximately $425 a night with tax etc... I booked a FULL OCEAN view room. It was on the first floor and I could see very little ocean in the horizon but lots of cars in between the hotel and the ocean as there was a road in between. We saw mostly cars. I immediately went back to the front desk and bitterly complained. The big plus they have to this hotel is the manager who was on duty. I'm immensely sorry I cannot remember his name because HE was beyond fantastic. He was there July 3rd and 4th. Young guy and wanting to make it right. He knocked the price down to $150 a night and that is the only reason we stayed. The room was a $150 a night room......not $425. He made amends by doing this. I will also say that EVERY one of the staff we encountered we fantastic and went out of their way to be friendly. The hotel is in major need of renovation, need to NOT sell first floor rooms as full ocean view, and then everything would have been right.

Room Tip: Don't stay on first floor
3  Thank colsonrn
Reviewed July 6, 2015

We spent the night here on the 4th of July. The hotel is clean, staff friendly, rooms are nice. Cant say anything negative except that its pretty expensive. I am sure that being across the street from the beach is the reason for that.

1  Thank pkgaz
Reviewed July 6, 2015

Hotel has a great l and location, staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel equipment not in top shape. Location of elevators required a long walk to room. The hotel could try to group guests with young children together (I.E, same floor or wing).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank James M
Reviewed July 5, 2015

We made this reservation months in advance of a planned vacation in the San Diego area. I have stayed at many Hilton Garden Inn's and this location was a large disappointment. The staff was accommodating at check in and the breakfast was alright, again with good service. Our room on the first floor advertised as "Ocean View" while it did face west was not up to par and very noisy from road traffic. On our second day we left the room to go touring for over six hours and upon our return at 4:00 PM the room had not been attended and cleaned. Overall we would not come back to this location and for the quoted cost of the room (over $300 per night) this property does not come close to much lesser cost Hilton locations.

I would not recommend this HGI location.

Room Tip: Forget paying for an ocean view here unless you have never seen the Pacific Ocean.
2  Thank foghog333
UltimateServiceGuru, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us this past week. We are saddened that your room did not meet your expectations. I have followed up with our Housekeeping team to ensure we service your room upon your next visit at an earlier time. We do provide service until the early evening for our guest rooms and we determined that your room set for service later in the day. We hope to have the chance to have you back and exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Regie Brown