New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Carlsbad Lagoon
Oceanside, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Semi private beach day.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

If you don't like crowds and just want a place to take the kids to play in the sand, this is a good place. The logoon is merky with green water but it is calm and you don't have to worry about a wave or currents whisking your child away.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Al247

Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place to keep the whole family happy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

My family and I were vacationing in the San Diego area and spent a day at the Carlsbad lagoon. We rented a wave runner which my husband was the most pleased with and took turns with the kids and we rented some SUPs to switch off on while the others were on the wave runner. The employees at the business on the Carlsbad lagoon were all very friendly and helpful and were very clear on safety and rules, as a mother i was very happy for this. Even my youngest was occupied the whole time with the black wonder dog playing fetch for hours. With everyone well taken care of and distracted I was able to relax on the beach in the sun.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Stacy H
Sudbury
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A piece of tranquility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

A nature trail along the lagoon/estuary that is picturesque, lots of birds, trees and local vegetation. On weekends, a favorite outing for locals and the path is like a 2 lane highway! Other times it's a retreat from the crowds and traffic

Visited February 2012
2 Thank physiomom
Carlsbad, California
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Local place to Kayak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

One of the few places you can "put in" your Kayak in North County. Kayakers do have to compete with the motorized vehicles but there are places for passive vessels only. Lots of paddle boarders. The Southern end has very cool lagoon trails that only kayaks can reach but be sure to go at high tide so you don't get stuck in the mud!

2 Thank copejenney
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What a fun place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I took my son here on a recent trip to Carlsbad. We rented an aqua cycle and peddled around for about an hour. Great work out for me. My son, not so much. He couldn't reach the peddles lol. Anyway, we had a nice time exploring the area and would definitely do this again when we visit next year. Almost forgot: I went back another day and rented a paddle board and enjoyed that too. The guy that works there wasn't busy so we talked about wake boarding, wake skating etc and he even took me around to show me some equipment I hadn't seen before but would like to try out on next years vacation to Carlsbad. Great location, great customer service!

Visited January 2012