Arrived late, excellent front desk, very friendly. Woke up on Saturday to go eat breakfast, got locked in my room, umm 5th floor....imagine if there had been an emergency, I would be stuck! It took about 1.5 hours to get out of the room, started to feel freaked out. While stuck in my room, and waiting on the guy outside to fix the door, I had time to take photos of the dust accumulating all over the room. See related photos. Eventually got out and down to the breakfast buffet, which was complimentary (Diamond members), and found a giant hair in my eggs benedict (also took a photo of this nastiness). The property overall is dated, carpet is worn, etc.
Staff, and Mark the GM handled the situations we had, so it is done in my book. I know these things happen, but why all to me and why in the same trip! Anyhoo, in my opinion, it's not worth the money, stay at the Hyatt Place up the road.
Best part of the hotel, tennis courts and spa. Unfortunatley - the spa area is supposed to be only for Diamonds or people who use the spa services. We get lockers with keys. You can tell that they just let anyone in, b/c their belongings are scattered about everywhere, i.e. they don't have a locker. What a shame they let this happen, it is such a nice spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On California’s sun-drenched Pacific coast, in the seaside community of Carlsbad, Park Hyatt Aviara Resort lies on the north shore of Batiquitos Lagoon – a vast protected wildlife sanctuary and an enclave of natural beauty. From atop the highest ridge, overlooking the ocean and the lagoon, the AAA Five Diamond San Diego resort provides a respite from the ordinary. Located amid 200 acres of verdant hillsides and rolling valleys, within the master-planned community of Aviara, our North San Diego luxury hotel and resort provides an appealing setting for any function. The resort’s Spanish colonial architecture welcomes with a sense of casual elegance. Each of the 329 spacious guest rooms – including 44 suites – features a private balcony or landscaped terrace offering magnificent views. Expansive facilities for meetings and special events are enhanced by complete resort amenities, from acclaimed dining to a full-service spa, swimming, tennis, a fitness center and an Arnold Palmer-designed 18-hole championship golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Hyatt Aviara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Aviara Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Hotel Carlsbad
- Four Seasons Carlsbad
- Aviara Resort
- Carlsbad Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Aviara