“Not What We Expected”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I had been really wanting a pizza, so my husband and I decided on Pizza Port while on vacation in Carlsbad. We should have left when were met extremely loud music upon entering the establishment, but we were hungry and decided to stay.
to give the place credit, the pizza was fairly tasty with fresh ingredients. That is about all I can say of a positive note. It appeared that they focused more on beer and not on cleanliness. Tables and floors were not very clean, bathroom was dirty and after talking to three people, no one could locate a pack of sweetener. Needless to say we were disappointed.

1  Thank Carol T

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We visited Pizza Port on a friday evening and found that it was a fun place to visit. There were lots of family and the speciality pizzas were really well made and tasty. We didnt know that Pizza Port was also a brewery! I tried an IPA and was pleasently surprised.

The only drawback was that it took almost 45 minutes for our pizza to be ready so come prepared to wait.

1  Thank Flint5oh
Reviewed March 21, 2018

This pizza is good, don't get me wrong. Its delicious, and probably the best pizza I have had in a while. But it might not be worth the headache going here to taste it. It's always crowded, super noisy, and just hectic all around. The line to order kinda just goes where ever it wants which causes for some aisle problems. When I finally got our order they had messed it up with someone else's so as I walked out the door with our pizza they called for me to bring it back. Maybe it was a bad day for them, I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt but just be aware that it gets crazy here.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

It is hard to argue with the reviews. I had lunch here; a meat pizza and beer. The beer is brewed at the restaurant. Both were very good. We need one of these in the Bay Area!

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Nice guy took our order. Pizza was pretty good. Ear-splitting dance music at noon so we could not hear one another across our picnic table. Sat in some glop on the picnic table bench -- not a plus. Messy rest room, also not a plus.

Been to Pizza Port? Share your experiences!