Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$149
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Beach View Lodge(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$270
US$187
US$175
  • Pool
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa(Carlsbad)
US$296
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Pool
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$149
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
LEGOLAND California Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$499
Official Website
All reviewspalomar airportcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areanice hotelclean roomsquiet roomlego landwould stay here againacross the streetexcellent staybusiness tripgreat place to stayyogurtsan diegovisiting legolandpool and hot tubfitness center
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Last time we stayed at the Homewood Suites just next door to this property and if I can choose, I'd go back to the Suites. We are a family of 4 w/ 2 small kids. Having that full kitchen and separate sleeping quarters really does make a big difference, especially if staying more than 1 nt.

Hampton Inn is nicely kept but it was just too simple. My husband liked the beds better here than at Homewood Suites, I can't remember how it was there but for me at the Inn, it was alright. Nothing special, nothing negative. My biggest complaint would definitely have to be the SUPER THIN walls, and floors. I heard the person next door snoring all night!

There is a medium sized fridge, but it gave a rather annoying buzzing sound. There is also a mini microwave in the room, but we never used it. A big plus, and what made this stay not terrible was their hot breakfast. Served from 6am-10am, it was a good selection of coffee/tea, juice and milk, variety of breads, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and hot selections like egg/simple omelet, cubed potatoes, sausages...no bacon during our stay though. The best part of breakfast for me was their waffles, that you make yourself. Really yummy. I ate a whole bunch of waffles during this stay!

Hot breakfast definitely better at Hampton Inn, but for families staying more than 1 nt, I think Homewood Suites would be better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy K
illa j, Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you for staying with Hampton Inn Carlsbad, and we are here to make sure that you had a great stay with our Hilton Family Hotels. If you come and stay with our Homewood & Suites next time, be sure to stop for Breakfast. Thank you

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We just came back from a weekend trip with the kids. Great place to stay - the hotel is only about 4 years old, and well-maintained. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was delicious. It was about 10 minutes from Legoland and 30 minutes from the Safari Park. Can't say enough great things about this hotel. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lsc309
illa j, Manager at Hampton Inn Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Carlsbad for your stay. I am so glad that you and your family had enjoyed our Hotel and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Enjoyed my stay, rooms clean, staff friendly and helpful, cleaning staff do their job well, mini breakfast was sufficient and go, fitness center has three cardio machines and dumbells for working out. Small pool and spa but I didn't use these.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Excellent value for money. 10 min drive from Legoland and I-5. Great complimentary breakfast - muffins, bread, chilled eggs, mini omelettes, sausages, yogurt, juices, waffles, great coffee. Clean spacious room, nice bed, free wi-fi. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Lots of ice in ice vending machine for the cooler. Definitely recommend. We got a king bed for 98/night incl the breakfast. Friendly staff, ample parking for free.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We've stayed here several times. The hotel is clean, staff are very pleasant and it's close enough to easily get to the beach or Legoland. It's easy to get to and on a road which is not too heavily traveled so it's never been noisy. I stay in a lot of hotels for business and always appreciate the comfort for the price of the Hampton Inns. This is a newer one. The only downside for me is the quality of the free breakfast - lots of processed food that's pretty high in calories. But we just went out both days since I knew that about them.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family