2,054 results
All reviews flower fields karl strauss family pool adult pool ocean view activity room time share full kitchen across the street activity center lego land water play area bedroom villa timeshare presentation underground parking splash pad the shuttle driver
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Situated half way between LA and San Diego, the Grand Pacific Palisades is a great place to start and finish a day of fun in Southern California. Within 1 hr of Disney, San Diego Zoo & Sea World. About half hour to the SD Zoo Safari park (best experienced in a caravan safari) and a walk across the street to Legoland. We had to go back to be able to see all the sights and each time we had new adventures. If you get back in time you can relax and soak in the hot tub with the family. It does close early at 9 but adult pool & spa stays open later.

Room Tip: We booked early and checked in after midnight.
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This resort is ideally located with beautiful views of the beach and the flower fields. The whole family can have fun in the resorts facilities; however, if you need isolation it provides adult only areas as well. The staff is particularly friendly and I expect helpful if you needed them. Everything was perfect in our room etc. so we did not have to challenge them for help. The food at the restaurant was superior.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Trust in the staff; they will not let you down. There was some miscommunication the day before we arrived and teh manager did everything in her power to make up for this.

I was very appreciative of the sensitivies of the staff.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I compared this stay to a recent stay at a Marriott Hotel. I would say that dollar for dollar, Grand Pacific Palisades was a much better deal. I felt the room was as good or better, the pool and children's area was much better, the whole environment was much better, and it cost less than the Marriott. The view was superb, the staff was nice, the location was great.
Overall, my family agrees with me that the stay at GPP was a highlight to our trip from Salt Lake City to Southern California.
When we go back to Carlsbad or San Diego, there is no question where I will stay.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Yes, it's fantastic that it's so close to Legoland, but that's only half of it. Two large pools to enjoy with water play areas for little ones. Fire pits on property overlooking the ocean is the best way to watch the sunset. Carlsbad is such a great city. There's something for everyone. This is the place you want to stay. And, did I mention room service from Karl Strauss? AWESOME!!!!!