Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$269
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$129
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
Beach Terrace Inn(Carlsbad)
US$429
HYATT house San Diego/Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$289
Hyatt.com
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$280
  • Pool
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$261
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$229
TripAdvisor
3,272 results
All reviewschopra centergolf coursewater slidesfire grillmarket placebeautiful groundstennis courtsplay golfkids clubself parkingbusiness conferenceadult poolfamily vacationfitness centersan diegopoolsjohnson
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Came for a business meeting being held at the resort - so didn't do any research ahead - just assumed it would be very nice. I'm writing from the room as we are still here (and I can't sleep).

Arrived and the grounds look very nice and well-kept... lots of boutiques to shop within the resort, which is spread out over many buildings. We are in the "700" building which is near the tennis courts - I would not recommend this in particular (other buildings appear nicer). The small room feels is as if it's in a basement (it is on the first floor), unless the AC is running constantly, it feels humid (and this is So Cal! this Florida family can handle a little humidity) inside. You can hear a lot of noise from hallways and stairwell nearby.

Room is not at all 4.5 stars in other ways - some complaints - Outlets not working, towels are scratchy (need to be replaced), bed is average, pillows are awful, and the shower/toilet/tub layout is really peculiar (nobody is getting any privacy in the shower or toilet). On the plus side, there is a mini-fridge and the room is nice and dark at night.

However the biggest annoyance is the Wi-Fi policy. Again, we are here on business. It is 'free' if you are in their preferred guest program (which is not uncommon, although I think it's a silly policy). That's not the bigger issue - to me, that is the fact that they limit you to 3 devices. Not concurrent, but total - although we didn't realize this until we went to connect device #4. The help desk said that the hotel could override this, but they wouldn't. And you can't simply 'forget' the WiFi network on your device. You have to call and give them the MAC address of the device to "disconnect" to free up the ability to add one back. With 2 people working, we have laptops, phones, iPads - having to negotiate who 'gets' the WiFi - add a teenager or two to the mix, and you might have complete mutiny!

Our meeting organizers purchased unlimited WiFi for the meeting, but that user/password can only be used in meeting areas and not in the rooms.

With ample beautiful choices in the area, I would recommend you look elsewhere for a resort property.

Room Tip: Avoid the 700s (near tennis)!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Liv G, Guest Relations Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear "Family_of_Four_Tampa,"
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry that you have had a poor experience with us thus far during your stay. I would like to try and make it right for you if I may.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at liv.gorman@omnihotels.com so that I can speak with you further regarding your current challenges.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

Beautiful Architecture and landscaping in Spanish theme. Room convenience amenities poor. Don't expect anything but soaps and shampoos and a Motel 6 type roll of TP. No water or ice or anything in the fridge to select from. But the room was clean and comfortable as was the A/C bed, pillows and linen and the patio a peaceful reprise.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 10, 2018

My family of four stayed here over a holiday week after a trip to Legoland. It was close to the park but this is the type of resort where you can easily spend a few days without leaving. Grounds were expansive and very well maintained but probably not for someone with mobility issues. Pool options were great. My kids loved the splash pad, slides and wading pool and there were daily activities plus a small arcade. Our room was off the garden pools on the first floor with a good size patio.
Our experience was less than perfect as we found the floor in our entry closet soaked with water from a leak. We immediately reported it and maintainence came and fixed the leak but the floor was still drenched. I had to call again to get them to dry out the flooring (carpet). They never offered to move us to a different room which was odd. Then when we tried to enjoy a family smores at the fire pits we were told it was too late even though there were about 15 minutes left and the staff was still there. It seemed like the younger staff just wanted to call it a day earlier than they were supposed to so I found another staff who gave us he kit. When I went to check out I told the front desk attendant about the issues I was comped the daily resort fee. Given these customer service issues I was a bit disappointed but my kids seemed to enjoy the trip. If I find a decent deal as an Omni regular I may stay here again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Choose a first floor room by the garden pool
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Liv G, Guest Relations Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear "LA_tao,"
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear that overall you and your family enjoyed our pools and grounds. Please accept my apologies for the issues you faced with a leak in our guest room and the s'mores experience. I am sorry that happened and put a damper on your visit, and I will be sure to have our team address these concerns. I am happy that our Front Desk agent was able to assist in making it right.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you and your family back again, soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

We live in Carlsbad, about 4 miles away from this resort. Omni took over the management for La Costa Resort and Spa a few years ago. There has definitely been changes. I can't say if they are good or bad changes, but different feel. We decided last year to book a room for 4th of July in order to staycation with family members that also live locally. Neither of our local homes have great views of the fireworks, and La Costa Resort has always been known for providing a spectacular fireworks show. (Handy, the Carlsbad Fire Station is next door) Last year, my sister booked a perfect room, patio opening onto an expansive green belt where we played frisbie, corn hole, and tag with the kids. We picnicked there on the patio. We had lounged all day at the pool. Then later brought our blankets out onto the lawn for a perfect view of the Firework Display.

This year in May we tried to book similar rooms. No one in-person, online reservations, or calling in to the resort can promise b/c of a variety of reasons, current visitor may need extra nights, possilbe break downs of plumbing, etc is how they reasoned with us. Finally, my sister called in reservations pleaing for rooms next to each on the greens with a patio. Our husbands checked in. When we arrived the patios were not down on the greens, but up on a hill with tiny patios. Access to our patio was behind the queen bed with 18" between french door and side bed. Laughable, but with 4 people trying to do in and out of the door. The rooms are not sound proof. I could not get to sleep until after 3 AM. The level above us were loud, sounded like continual walking, and stomping. Oh My! Pool slide for kiddos closed early. Security didn't allow but a very small area from blankets on the grass. Less fireworks than in previous years. Not sure if we will continue this tradition that we only did for two years. Thinking maybe Paradise Resort, or Legoland...both have fantastic Fireworks.

Room Tip: Find an expert to guide you to the rooms that are sound proof. We stayed on the very North East part of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear "Jonette B.,"
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the less than satisfactory stay you experienced. We always do our best to honor our guests' room location requests, and I am sorry that we were not able to do so on this visit. As I mentioned in my email to you, both myself and Chris are happy to assist you with your possible future reservations.

I am glad we were able to make it right for you in the end, and we truly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

The property is beautiful. The room was old and outdated, not that nice for a 4.5 hotel. We were their for one night with our two children (2, 6). The splash zone is awesome. They have slides for kids and adults. We prepaid the hotel using a 3rd party website. So we left our debit card for "incidentals" and charges to the room. The prices are as expected for a luxury resort like this. We did charge a few things to the room and we confirmed all our charges were correct when we checked out; however when I looked at my husband bank account I noticed an extra charge! It was a big amount and I called the resort to dispute it, they went over my portfolio of items we were charged for and this charge didn't come up. However, when I told them the amount, all of a sudden they were able to track it down and say that it was a charge for 1 day room and tax, but how? if we had already prepaid. They said it was a mistake and they would refund. Never have we had this issue with any other hotel/resort. I know I've read other reviews of being overcharged. Just be very careful!! I would consider staying here again, but I would NEVER pay what they actually charge for a night. I would only do it if we get a good deal again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear "lorenalomeli,"
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay. I am glad to learn that you and your family enjoyed our pools and the property. I sincerely apologize for any billing errors that transpired. We certainly never want our guests to leave feeling as though they were incorrectly charged or taken advantage of. I am glad we were able to resolve this and correct the charges.

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again sometime.