All reviews basketball court front desk bedroom suite business park social hour full kitchen free breakfast hot items pull out sofa fresh fruit quiet area hot tub visiting legoland make your own waffles great family hotel nice place to stay flat screen
Reviewed August 26, 2018

The hotel was average for a Residence Inn. We were hoping for better as we were staying here because it was close to Legoland. However, we were disappointed. The room appeared clean but had this strange smell that we never figured out what it was. The room we were given was also far away from the breakfast area. We probably will not stay here again if we needed to visit this area in the future.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fred E
Reviewed July 24, 2018

My family and I stayed at the Residence Inn in Carlsbad (2000 Faraday Ave, Carlsbad, CA 92008-7229) this past long 4th of July holiday (7/5 to 7/7) and quite disappointed. We booked your hotel instead of the nearby Hyatt House or other competitors since they offered a full kitchen suite. From the beginning of out check in to check out experience wasn't what I expected from Marriott property. The front desk was unfriendly - was on the phone whenever we had a question to ask - and unattentive. Each time we rang the front desk it was busy so we had to go down to request extra towels, information about the hotel's property and etc. During our two night stay the housekeeping did not come by therefore when I went downstairs to request our room to be cleaned the housekeeper came at 5pm while we were getting ready to head out to dinner. I asked to come back since we were getting ready and he said he was done for the day. Which meant our room wasnt going to be remade. Is this how Marriott property is? Even the AC unit was so loud and kept us up during the night esp whenever it turns on and off. Even when we checked out the next day we were given a wrong bill and I had to go back twice to make sure we had a clean balance. Before posting this rating on Tripadvisor sites I wanted the corporate to know so that they can retrain your staff. I sent a review and no response yet. I have worked in the hospitality industry - at Hilton - for many years and decided to stay with a competitor and made me think twice about Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Kristine L, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Dear parkster7831,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your valuable feedback. Our goal is always to make your stay both relaxing and enjoyable.

We always strive to exceed our guest's expectations, and I am truly sorry to hear we fell short of this during your stay.

Please know that we are always happy to work with a time request for you during your stay. Please let our team know upon check in and we will do our best to accommodate your preference.

Again, I sincerely apologize for this experience during your stay. Please know, I take your concerns to heart, and hope you will give us another opportunity to make things right on your next stay in Carlsbad.

At your service,
Kristine

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

I’m disappointed with the front desk staff-Kayla and her lack of communication with her team members and management. I’m an elite member not a high level elite but I’ve never been mistreated by any other Marriott since staying here. First of all I never received my gift, my room had an odor that made me have an asthma attack and one of the mugs still had coffee stains. My kids’ room had dirty sheets in the sofa bed and a loose wire-which I brought to Brenda. They’re lucky I’m not a shopper otherwise this could’ve been worse. Since they were over capacity they weren’t able to accommodate us to move. Kayla did offer to move me to a two bedroom for just the night but I had to move the next day, which is an inconvenience since we were already on a timed schedule. So I requested to have housekeeping clean the rooms while we were out even though we had DND on both rooms, I granted permission to Kayla as soon as we were out but I guess she misunderstood me or I don’t know what. We came back to our rooms untouched and that really upset me more. I understand the DND policy but I granted them permission. They provided an ECO service where you refuse service each day and receive points, well the housekeepers didn’t comply on the 2nd day because they tried to service our room and because of the sign they left a note. Why? When I’m on the ECO friendly service? No one called to ask if everything was ok or met or satisfaction. This is not how hospitality works and I will not be staying here next time. It’s unfortunate because it’s such a beautiful area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2018

I stayed here one night for a business trip. The staff were very friendly and the room was spacious and had been renovated and was very clean. The kitchenette would have been great if I had to stay there for a while. I would stay there again if I have to. The breakfast was a nice touch with the usual precooked hot items, but all I had was a boiled egg with some fruit. I wish they offered decaf tea in the room or lobby for a night cap.There was no place to charge my hybrid vehicle. Lots of hotels are offering this sort of thing and it would have been a nice touch.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a 2 bedroom room with kitchen. We were here 4 days. Convenient commute to SanDiego. Room clean and comfortable. Tiny ants in the bathroom. Sofa bed uncomfortable for 11 year old granddaughter. Housekeeping accommodating. Asked for extra comforter to soften the springs. It worked good. Breakfast is OK. Scrambled eggs with different meats each day. Oatmeal, fruit, and cereals. Apple and orange juice. People at front desk VERY nice. Pool outside. Laundry facility available.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family