In February 2012 we stayed at Tradewinds during Valentine's Day week. Our room was beautifully decorated, extremely quiet, very clean and had a beautiful view from the balcony. Yes, chocolate strawberries awaited us!! We had our choice each day of going downstairs to the continental breakfast or having it delivered to our room. The hotel staff was so helpful in answering questions and making recommendations with respect to restaurants and things to do in the Carmel/Monterey area (even before we arrived via telephone calls) and then making the reservations for us. The hotel had more than adequate off street parking and we never had any problem finding a space (although this hotel is within short walking distance of the main part of Carmel and we chose to walk to most of our destinations - you have to work off all that fabulous food somehow!). Our room had a private balcony with a view and a cozy fireplace inside (in my visits at other hotels, I have almost always found that the picture on the internet/website bears little resemblance to the room you actually get but, in the case of Tradewinds, our room looked almost exactly like the photo on the website and had every amenity mentioned - hurray!) In the early evening we could hear guitar music coming from the courtyard firepit area - very nice. Before we left for lunch the first day we asked if a DVD player could be provided in our room and it was there when we returned. The king size bed was comfy, comfy, comfy and the hotel provided warm robes for our use. Wine glasses were also provided in the little bar area so you didn't have to use tumblers if you wanted to watch the sun go down while having a glass of wine (thoughtful things like this make an impression). We highly recommend the Tradewinds and its staff. We had an absolutely wonderful stay and my only wish is that it could have been longer! We will definitely return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embrace your true Zen with a stay at Tradewinds Carmel. Featured as one of Architectural Digest’s most glamorous hotels, one of Forbes Travel Guide’s best small hotels, and voted as one of the world’s top inns by Coastal Living, our Carmel luxury hotel combines the elegant with the relaxing, offering tranquil surroundings and views of the Pacific Ocean. Indulge yourself in fine Egyptian cotton linens and luxurious goose down feather beds, pillows, and comforters. Experience spectacular ocean views, the luxury of spa tubs, fireplaces, Japanese tansu wetbars and vanities, antique and custom designed furniture from Bali and China, silk pillows, custom lighting, fine bath amenities, CD players, wireless high-speed internet access, fresh orchids and bamboo fountains. Pet friendly and dog friendly rooms available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tradewinds Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Carmel Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Hotel Carmel
- The Tradewinds Carmel