“GREAT COMFORTABLE PLACEWel located in center of town. great friendly manager TO STAY”

Best Western Carmel's Town House Lodge
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Well located in the center of town. Manager very friendly and knowledgeable.Rooms are comfortable and well appointed. If you have bad knees ask for a downstairs room. Parking is tight. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This hotel was very handy to the city center and the staff was very friendly and accommodating and knowledgeable. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to give us extra towels when we needed them

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Well located in the center of Napa. Comfortable bed and clean room/bathroom. The pool is very small tho, so there was no lapping possible and not in the sunniest part of the hotel. Free parking in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This is an older property so there is no air conditioning, but they provided portable fans. The room was clean and nicely updated. There is no elevator, so if you need to, ask for the first floor. The parking is free, but the spaces are very tight. Get there early and leave your car and walk to the shops and restaurants nearby. It is a few blocks, downhill, to the beach, but walkable. Carmel-by-the-sea is just such a cute little town that you want to walk everywhere anyway so this is a great location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2017

When reading the reviews of this hotel, I came across a very rude reply from the owner to a former guest who wrote a negative review and should've listened to my gut feeling about this hotel before I reserved my room-red flag number one. My first encounter upon check-in was that the host refused to take my frequent guest number-red flag number two. I drove back to my room, traipsed up the stairs (there is no elevator) with all my belongings, flung open the door to a stench that almost bowled me over, and fingered my way to a light switch in order to make my way around the cavelike room (mind you, it was about 2 pm)-red flag number three. During the week of my visit the whole bay area was having record high temps and this hotel does not have air conditioners however, I thought that I could keep cool enough with the self standing fan they had provided-red flag number four. Unfortunately, the room was like a sauna upon first entry and I was never able to cool it down even with open windows and the ocean breeze. Mind you I was by myself, sleeping in a room accessible to the street with the windows open and no security bars! To add to this, the door lock was frozen and, even after having the hostess come down to look at it, was not repaired during my time there. On my first night there the TV would not turn on so I called the office repeatedly to get help but, to no avail. They would not answer the phone and the voicemail box said it was full. They do offer a breakfast buffet although, it's in a room which has a large picture window in it that faces the morning sun that creates a fish bowl effect and doesn't have a shade to draw. Having prepaid for the room through my company was a terrible mistake that I'll never make again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Mariesdottir
Reviewed 24 September 2017

This is a tired property with none of Carmel's charm. The in room lighting is poor and the availability of charging ports ancient. The cleanliness of the room was passable at best. There just was little value associated with this property.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Punky101
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent friendly check in. We find friendly employees at just about every BW we have stayed at. This is not a "lodge" as stated in name, it's a motel (or at least the section we stayed in was). And with reading some of the other reviews, it seems your room is the luck of the draw or their expectations are to high. With that said we were assigned a room on the "third floor". We had to drive around the corner to access a separate parking lot and there was only 4 rooms here and was right above the parking lot. You have to carry your suitcase up a steep flight of stairs. But the positive is there are no rooms above or below you.

We reserved a king and thats what we got. Room is dark and on the older side but it was clean. There was a small heated pool. Breakfast was included with room rate. Ample parking (main reason I booked this plus the location). There is an in room mini fridge, very comfy bed and pillows (I find this a theme at all BW's too), decent sized flat screen tv but reception at times was poor, excellent wifi. Room did get stuffy and has no AC but I knew this before I booked the room (do your homework!) there was a fan in room but it still got quite stuffy. Bathroom exhaust fan was extremely annoying because it automatically went on when you put the light on and was loud. Sink/vanity was outside the bathroom. There is some street noise but this is to be expected since YOUR IN TOWN!!!
Excellent location. Restaurants and shops are all just minutes walk.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple