US$418
US$300
Official Site
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$329
Carmel Bay View Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$363
US$274
US$229
US$222
Hotels.com
Carmel Resort Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$267
Carmel Garden Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$219
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

US$1,009
US$859
Priceline
1,731 results
All reviewsgolf coursefamily poolgarland suitewild turkeyscarmel valleyorganic gardenadult poolinfinity hot tublodge restaurantbee keepinglavender fieldsfitness classesthe main lodgerolling hillsspa treatmentshiking trailsoak trees
Reviewed November 15, 2017

Beautiful property, friendly staff, delicious food, lots to do. I have come here a few times with my wife before we had a child and just came back for the first time with a three year old. Every experience has been awesome!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CVRManager, Managing Director at Carmel Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Dear Jgrayhb,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a thoughtful review of Carmel Valley Ranch. We are delighted to hear that you found our beautiful property, friendly staff, and activities to be perfect. Our service promise is to exceed expectations to create memories that last a lifetime. We hope you will continue to bring your family to The Ranch time and time again. We have plenty of holiday activities the whole family can enjoy this holiday season. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this hotel. The rooms were beautiful and huge. Every last detail was attended to including full size spa toiletries in shower and at vanity. A newspaper was delivered in a stylish burlap tote. There was a gorgeous view from the very large balcony, a cozy fireplace, a bed that was so comfortable I wished I could stay for a month. Besides all this, the grounds, lobby, restaurant, bar and pool were breathtaking. They even had a cart full of fixings for 'smores next to the fire pit. Staff was very nice and professional. I mean this when I say I have never had a better hotel experience in any city, state or country across the map. This place sets the bar to a whole new level. Bravo!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
CVRManager, Managing Director at Carmel Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Dear Xovenusxo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a thoughtful review of Carmel Valley Ranch. We are delighted to hear that you beauty in our property and amenities. We agree with you and also think that our views are gorgeous and grounds are one of a kind. Our service promise is to exceed expectations to create memories that last a lifetime. It is wonderful to hear you had the best experience with us and hope to set the bar higher for your next time.

We hope you will continue to come back to our 500-acre playground and wish to make your next getaway even better than before. We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you for choosing The Ranch.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2017

The staff was top notch, well trained and friendly. The room was not well thought-out, so I was unimpressed. If the room had been better, I'd have given better marks. The food was on the whole better than average.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CVRManager, Managing Director at Carmel Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear A9171AMnicka,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a personalized review of our 500-acre playground. We are happy that you chose Carmel Valley Ranch. It delights us to hear that you enjoyed the food in Valley Kitchen and received stellar experience from our Ranch Hands.

With this being said, I wanted to personally reach out to you about the shortcomings of your room. I believe you will be happy to hear that we are currently working on renovating our rooms. We hope that you will join us upon the completion of these renovations and hope to exceed your expectations.

In the meantime, we welcome any feedback that you wish to provide in regardance to your stay or our suites. Your feedback is valuable and we will make notes on your experience for the future. Again, we hope to see you soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2017

The rooms, the site, the activities, everything was perfect. We relaxed and had the opportunity to learn about the area. The food was awesome, maybe a bit expensive but the quality is there. Spend time visiting the resort, it is such a nice place. Tennis courses for kids were memorable for my son.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CVRManager, Managing Director at Carmel Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Dear 649andreanneb,

Thank you for choosing Carmel Valley Ranch for your relaxing getaway. Your thoughtfulness by providing this review is highly appreciated. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, our 500-acres, and our signature activities. It is also great to know your son enjoyed a memorable tennis experience. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future to create additional memories of play and relaxation.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Lots of great points to this property but better for families with older kids. Given price point and part of AmEx platinum FHR, expected four seasons level of service that is lacking. Typically stay at neighboring property but a bunch of our 7 year old classmates stay here so thought we’d come back. We loved it when we were lidless. On our first of 3 night stay and already want to email GM with thoughts.

* super friendly staff but lack customer orientation. We waited 45 mins for staff to put out s’mores (we have a unique presentation?!). Does it really take 45 mins to put Hershey bars (still in packaging), graham crackers and marshmallows in their own wicker basket?! Love the metal sticks but they haven’t been cleaned in a while. It was a great lesson to my four year old on patience and after asking for the fourth time about it got my own package (basically means they put it in a takeout box for us) but if you post 5pm, you need to deliver. Not impressed with presentation?? Yes you gave us warm chocolate chip cookies but I was hoping this would be a 15 min experience not an hour!

* super friendly and tons of staff but more focused on chitchatting with each other than customers. Twice in needing to talk to a staff member in the lodge felt like I was breaking into their social hour. I can understand it is hard to hire high quality staff given competing property but training can help with that.

* add some kid friendly books/board games to “library”. Spoiled by neighboring property which provides board games for young and old that you can check out. Library selection was unappealing and more for show than customers. Don’t label an open space something it isn’t.

* Spacious rooms (especially given we are a family of four (7 and 4 year old) but lack some common sense items that are obvious during our first night stay. Only one phone and not cordless in spacious layout -only in bedroom. Add a cordless to Living room.

* add cheat sheet on controlling lights. Not intuitive you need to tap switches twice.

* housekeeping knew that the sofa bed had to be turned into a bed at night but we were only provided two sets of towels?!

* resort not made for families with super young kids but fabulous for couples and older kids. Property is 500 acres but no sidewalks or paths if you want to walk around the property vs using shuttle service. Particularly unsafe at night when cars and shuttle are zooming around. Well lit but paths even in dirt along side of roads would seem basic. It is also a vertical property which is beautiful but rustic.

* if you want to try cvr, come during week where Price point is closer to value!

Hoping the next two nights redeem themselves!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank A C

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Cheung,

I would like to extend my personal apologies for the shortcomings of your stay thus far. It is clear we have failed to provide you and your family with the service and experience you expected when choosing Carmel Valley Ranch, and for that, I am truly sorry.

It would be my honor to speak with you about your stay, and personally assist with turning the rest of your time at our 500-acre playground around. I have been in touch by voicemail to provide you with my direct phone number. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you soon.