“Fabulous Pizzas and big pour wine!”
Review of Iolis' Pizzeria

Iolis' Pizzeria
Ranked #12 of 36 Restaurants in Carmel Valley
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This tiny pizzeria is a hidden gem. The pizzas are superb and when you order a glass of wine be prepared for a huge glass. They don't mess around here. Their staff are friendly and very accommodating. Unfortunately they cannot cater for peanut allergies which prevents us going here as a family. My husband and I like to come here all the same and enjoy great food with no fuss.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed February 21, 2018

We phone ahead and pick up about once a month. The pizza, calzones, meatball sandwich, spaghetti, and salads are always great. I'm sure other menu items are good, too, including the daily specials, but we continue to go with the favorites.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We were tired and looking for something easy to eat not far from where we were staying.

We decided to eat outside on this beautiful evening on a high top with high chairs. We ate looking at the mountains as our back drop. The gentleman who waited on us was delightful and notable for his desire to provide s good experience.

I ordered a margarita pizza. It was just ok. I agree with comments I read (prior to dining) about the cheese. It does not taste like high quality cheese. The crust and sauce very good.
The 12 inch pizza was more than I could eat.

My wife ordered the spaghetti with meatballs and a side salad. The meat balls were good, lots of spaghetti, needed a bit more sauce. It came with cheese garlic bread made on pizza crust - no sauce - nice.

It served its purpose. Not a bad evening. Not the best food, average, we would return.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank TRAVELINGCWS
Reviewed February 20, 2017

Spaghetti and meatballs to die for!! Enchiladas on Thursday night!! The talk of the neighborhood: we all order enchiladas early on Thursdays before they run out. Family atmosphere abounds.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

We were hiking in Garland State park and needed lunch. It is Labor Day so a lot of the restaurants were closed.

While the gentlemen running the store was attentive and effective, I didn't love the pizza. My husband got the gluten free New York pizza and it was by far the best. The New York pizza was topped with delicious meats. My daughter had a Hawaiian pizza and the rest of us shared a half cheese half pepperoni. The cheese was thick and not great. It reminded me of inexpensive cheese from average pizza restaurants. It was not so good. Not satisfying to me. I would recommend getting the gluten free or thin crust. More toppings the better to have less mozzarella cheese. It was not good mozzarella and then topped with oregano. I was not a fan. My husband's pizza, however, was pretty good.

Date of visit: September 2016