Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great tonsee birds

This is a small reserve which can be a bit muddy. Great for a short walk to see birds. We visited... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Dmfw
East Kilbride, Scotland, United Kingdom
Beautiful Mountain Views!

Very beautiful and serene. A nice quite walk with a lot of local wildlife. I try to go whenever I... read more

Reviewed October 16, 2018
ctb185
Atlanta, Georgia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 7, 2017

What a delightful surprise to come upon this lovely trail. Almost missed it but so glad we didn't! It's a nice boardwalk making for easy walking. Very short and pleasant loop.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017

My Mom lived here for many years, and she loved Nature. when I vist here I think of her a lot. Lots of birds, and other animals in the marsh. It is right next to Carpentaria Beach so you can do a combined trip.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Stayed near Carpinteria beach and decided to walk by to see what this was. Surprised how much space there is. Nice marsh, you could see some fish in there. Nice signage to tell u about it.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

You are able to walk along a well-maintained path, and observe nature (birds, native plants), the sounds and scent of the ocean. If you time it right there are docent led tours. The peope we met were all friendly, and generous with information.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2016

I was able to attend a docent led nature walk. So much to see, plant life, birds, fish, even a manta ray. I went during a high tide which I understand is the best time. Also after a rain storm, trout has been sited in the Franklin Creek. A much larger tract of land has not been completely restored yet but can be viewed.

Date of experience: October 2016