“Rip Off”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Lumpy's Discount Golf
More attraction details
Owner description: This specialty shop offers everything a golfer needs, and at discount prices.
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I went to buy clubs at Lumpy's in La Quinta. I bought a set and they brought out the box and said the would just clean them up for me and meet at the till. I am not sure how they expected me to carry them out without a box but as it turns out they had a crooked reason. When I got to the till I noticed the Attack Wedge missing. I questioned them and they pushed back a little. I said no way and one guy went to the mix and match area and all of a sudden pulled out a brand new one and said, here you go. I went to the mix and match area and there was at least 30 brand new Attacks from differents sets. They were selling for $100 each. I walked out of the store. I bought at Dunn's and am very happy.

Watch out, total crooks.

5  Thank Laquintavisitor
There are newer reviews for Lumpy's Discount Golf

Reviewed 6 February 2011

I needed a pair of the new Ecco golf shoes during trip to Palm Springs. My good fortune was finding Lumpy's.
The service I received was amazing. For starters driving back to San Diego and stopped with my 4 year old and wife in the car. I ran into the store, explained I wanted my wife's opinion on the shoe style and asked if I could run a couple of shoes out - no problem, hey held the door. Noting that I was in a hurry, they rang up my order and I was out the door.
When I got home and walked in the shoes I realized they were a size too big. I called Lump'y, explained the situation. They told me to send them back and they’d get me the size I wanted. They didn't remind me of their return policy or ask me to drive the 4 hour round trip. Sure enough a week or so goes by and my new shoes arrive in the mail. No bill,; nothing but a not wishing me good golf.

This is a family owned business - give them your business!!

1  Thank Ted_sd