“No Bogeys Here”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Lumpy's Discount Golf
More attraction details
Owner description: This specialty shop offers everything a golfer needs, and at discount prices.
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

First, the store has move to Monterrey & Dinah Shore next to Plummer's and the Regal theaters.

Service is what sets this place apart. Yes, you will be quickly approached upon entering the store. However, if you are looking for something specific you'll welcome the assistance since there selection and store are relatively large. If you are just into browse, just let them know.

As far as products, they carry most of the notable manufacturers. Personally, I am disappointed that the neglect to carry "Sun Mountain" products.

There prices are competitive with most stores. They definitely are willing to discuss "meeting or beating" prices.

This is a definite the place to come if you're in the market to pick up something you forgot or need for golf equipment.

I do agree that they are definitely sidedly more golf orientated than tennis.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Lumpy's moved over 2 years ago to Palm Desert On Montery and Dinah Shore.
They are friendly and have a GREAT selection.
Sales are very common.

It is a Gotta Go kinda place

1  Thank TrippingAmerican
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We were told that Lumpy's had golf and tennis. The did have golf galore - but two small racks of tennis clothing and that's all. It's a very large store - and if you were shopping for golf attire, probably better prices than the pro shops. We saw lots of the same clothing both places.

1  Thank PamelaBond
Reviewed 4 February 2012

good sales on the Humana Challenge stock the day after the tournament was over...

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I went to buy clubs at Lumpy's in La Quinta. I bought a set and they brought out the box and said the would just clean them up for me and meet at the till. I am not sure how they expected me to carry them out without a box but as it turns out they had a crooked reason. When I got to the till I noticed the Attack Wedge missing. I questioned them and they pushed back a little. I said no way and one guy went to the mix and match area and all of a sudden pulled out a brand new one and said, here you go. I went to the mix and match area and there was at least 30 brand new Attacks from differents sets. They were selling for $100 each. I walked out of the store. I bought at Dunn's and am very happy.

Watch out, total crooks.