I stayed at this property with my husband and 6 year old the weekend of December 3rd, 2011. We are Priority Club members, so we received a free upgrade from a two Queen standard room to a King suite. The hotel is in a great location, near really fantastic restaurants, local eateries and shopping malls with major retailers. Good location for other attractions in the area such as the downtown Christmas parade and “The Living Desert Arboretum” (you can get an admissions discount here if you belong to the L.A. Arboretum or similar association in California, please see my review of this facility as well). The room we stayed in (209) was average. Good basic room, pretty clean. There weren’t any real bug problems as I’ve read with other reviews of Palm Springs Hotels, and believe me, I’ll leave a place and complain in a second if that occurs (see my review of the Lahaina in Hawaii!). I saw exactly two ants in my room, which was not an issue. What was a bit of an issue was the following: 1. The state of the fridge in the room. It had white mold around the inside edges and wasn’t turned on or plugged in when we came into the room. 2. There was a 7 inch long 5 inch edge of the wall missing on the same wall as the wetbar/kitchenette. 3. The closet was very tiny. Could barely fit one large sized suitcase, had an accordion type opening and was extremely difficult to open and close. 4. The shower had good water pressure; however, the showerhead was a choice of “soak” or “shower.” The shower option is actually painful as the water comes out with such force through the too tiny openings that it actually feels like needles hitting your skin! Ouch! Overall, this is an average room. Nothing fancy, but, I expected a bit better room without the issues stated for a priority club member as I had received in the past at other properties. The upside of the hotel: bed was extremely comfortable, large HDTV in room, non smoking facility, a lot of amenities of a full service hotel such as a gym, pool and hot tub. Staff was nice, very helpful with information and directions to local events and sights. The breakfast was beyond the normal continental fare at the Express properties. There was a good selection: muffins, buns, rolls, bacon, eggs, sausage, juices, coffees, pancakes, French toast, biscuits and gravy. Jellies and syrups were also offered in non fat and reduced sugar options for guests with health issues. I would recommend this hotel for short stays and it’s good for small children and families. Very quiet, accessible to local attractions, restaurants and retail outlets. Close to downtown Palm Springs (10 minutes), not overrun as other hotels closer or in the Palm Springs area and accessible to public transportation including the airport which is a 10 minute drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cathedral City is conveniently located in the heart of Palm Springs Valley. Our Cathedral City Hotel is a resort destination near Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, world class golf courses, spas, casinos, restaurants and shopping. While travelling to our hotel, you will be able to visit the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, Indian Canyon Trails, Spa Casino, Agua Caliente Casino, Cathedral Canyon Golf, PGA West Golf, Cabazon World Premium Outlet Mall, Knotts Soak City, Empire Polo Grounds, El Paseo Shopping District, The Living Desert and Joshua Tree National Park. This Holiday Inn Express Hotel is a host hotel for The Big League Dreams Sports Park. We are just minutes from the Palm Springs International Airport in CA. Also nearby Palm Springs Convention Center, Downtown shopping, restaurants, and Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. All leisure or business guests will enjoy our high speed, wireless and wired Internet and complimentary business center. Come experience our serene outdoor heated pool and whirlpool with a large deck and mountain views. Our hotel also features a workout room. Our 100% smoke free hotel features the comforts of home. From our resort style pool, wonderful cinnamon rolls, cookies in the lobby every evening, and the Simply Smart Bedding Collection, this hotel in Cathedral City, CA is sure to please. Swimming pools and Jacuzzi will be closed starting on July 9, 2017 and will re-open on July 18, 2017 as they are being repaired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) Hotel Cathedral City
- Holiday Inn Cathedral City
- Cathedral City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) California Desert, CA