All reviews gas station pool area palm springs cinnamon rolls biscuits and gravy busy holiday weekend king suite great hotel for the price decent breakfast strip mall needed a place to stay cheesecake factory spacious bathroom adjacent rooms yogurt the air conditioning breakfast room
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Make sure you get a cancellation number if you book this hotel and then cancel. I had made a reservation for March 2012. I canceled the reservation a few days prior to arrival using the link they provided in a reminder email. I have a screen-shot of the cancellation process. However, I never got a cancellation number. I was charged for one nights stay. The hotel manager refused to reverse the charge. When I called Holiday Inn Express, I was told that a cancellation had been logged at 6:04 pm on the day of arrival - 4 minutes after the cancellation deadline. I had actually initiated the cancellation process 3 days earlier.

Room tip: Go elsewhere.
Date of stay: March 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank C0NSUMER_ADV0CATE_1
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstances; however, your reservation is not cancelled unless you complete the cancellation process. By policy, our agreement is to guarantee a room for your arrival for the night, unless instructed otherwise.

On a high-occupancy night, we would turn away other guests in order to hold our reservation agreement. Thus, reservations that are not cancelled will automatically be charged.

Once again I apologize for your situation and hope to be of service in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights, 25-28 February. Our travel agent (bricks-and-mortar) got us an excellent rate of $95 the first night, and $70 per night after that.

The initial location seems dim, behind an Arco station on Date Palm Drive just south of Gerald Ford Drive. But the hotel itself is modern and clean, with a nice staff.

High points:
- the breakfast room is spacious and has a beautiful view looking west toward the San Jacinto Mountains
- though we didn't use it, the hotel has a large and nicely landscaped pool (also with a view of the mountains) and spa with plenty of outdoor furniture
- the choices in the buffet breakfast were pretty good for a hotel of this price-range

Low points:
- none really, except for the nuisance of having to register for the free wifi each time an internet device (smart phone or laptop) was turned on

Though we didn't patronize them, two good restaurants are located just north of the hotel: Michael's Cafe and Indian Oven. Local friends recommended Michael's. We did eat at The Palms Cafe on Palm Canyon Blvd (Hwy. 111) just a mile or so east of the intersection of Date Palm and Hwy. 111. Excellent breakfast.

For the price this was a fine choice, and it is a pretty short drive from there to downtown Palm Springs by way of Hwy. 111.

Runners note that you can run a good distance along the wash (dry riverbed) immediately south of the hotel. Best direction to go is to the southeast (toward Rancho Mirage). Run on the south side of the wash as far as Frank Sinatra, then cross to the north side and run on that side until the trail crosses back to the south side across the wash and runs in between a golf course and residential area until it ends at the next arterial street.

Room tip: Second or third floor on the west side would be best as this affords a view of the pool and the San Jacinto Mountains.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank RoomForRent1
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for your sharing your detailed review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your runners tip with other guests who are looking to go for a run outside. Also, keep in mind that the hotel will go through renovations this summer and we hope to welcome you back with new outstanding rooms in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Our room was in need of upgrading....the window didn't seal properly so there was wind noise all the time, the bed was very squeaky, and the doors would bang loudly when closing. All in all, I would look for a different place to stay in the area. Hopefully it was just our room that was not great! The breakfast was very good!

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

We value your comments and I want to thank you for sharing your overall hotel experience. Our goal is to provide great service and exceed our guests’ expectations. We realize that we did not meet your expectations for your stay and I would like to sincerely apologize for the disappointment. In regards to updating, we plan to complete our renovation process by this summer. As you may have noticed, we have begun renovating other amenities such as the fitness center and the pool area. I will relate your comments about the noise issues in the room to our team members for follow up. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to be of service on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Recently stayed for a couple of nights. Nice clean rooms with the exception of one ant lurking in the shower. It was a pleasant surprise to take in the mountain view from the window! Breakfast buffet was also included. All of the staff members were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Request a room in the back of the property for a better view.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and room tip for other guests. Our hotel takes great pride in our mountain view and newly renovated pool area, and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed them too. We look forward to be of service in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Had a great few days at the HIE Cathedral City recently. Was upgraded as Im a Platinum Elte member, had a nice room overlooking the pool and the mountains. The room was big with a seperate lounge, microwave, coffee maker, fridge and sink. All that I needed.. Parking is free and plentiful. Breakfast well stocked and plenty of hot items. House Keeping always done in a flash. Staff always friendly and the location is great, plenty of shops and supermarkets close by. I stay in many hotels, from Intercontinental down and this HI is a gem. Be back soon !!

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Best regards,