“Not bad for a short stay with no frills.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)

Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Mission Viejo, California
“Not bad for a short stay with no frills.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed over Easter weekend with my family. I'm all about cleanliness and this place was not as clean as I hoped. The pool water appeared less than clean. I did not want to swim in it. The pool area had food plates around it that seemed to have been there awhile. The eggs from the free breakfast were not good. The bacon and coffee were good however. My kids liked the pancakes. Don't think I'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express in Cathedral City and for your feedback. We apologize we were not able to meet your standards. However, please allow me to reassure you that the pool water and the area are cleaned every morning by our maintenance staff.

Once again, thank you for your comment.

Andrew Kim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Macclesfield, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at Cathedral city for one night to take the kids on the sky train to the top of the mountain which is well worth the trip and to visit Joshua Tree park which is also really interesting.
The hotel is okay, but nothing more. Room okay, pool okay, view of the mountain nice, free breakfast okay, free parking good and easy access, staff not very friendly - hardly any eye contact, but generally it did what we hoped and it was a place to stay the night.
I think 3 (average) is fair as the staff didn't raise up what is an average hotel, no reason not to stay there unless you are thinking of more than two or three days, when it might start getting on your nerves.
We actually thought Palm Springs would cut down the journey to Las Vegas, but the sat nav / GPS brought us a long way back towards LA so it really didn't save any time at all, so don't make the same mistake we did just looking at the atlas map.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jon T
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, 24 April 2012
We value your comment and I want to thank you for sharing your overall hotel experience. I would like to apologize that you did not find our staff friendly. It is our goal to meet every guest's expectation, and it is comments like yours that help us improve.

If you are travelling by car, Las Vegas is close to four hours away from the hotel. We hope to be of service on your next trip to the area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012 via mobile

This was a nice Holiday Inn with a friendly, but it was still a bit pricey. The rooms were spacious. The bathroom was large with a sink and counter. No flat screen tv. We did laundry three times and the desk always gave us quarters. They also had a decent breakfast.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank smithal12
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be going through renovations this summer, and hope to see you again soon!

Huntington Bache
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Let’s start off with the plus side, the check in was very quick and the person that check us in was very nice. Now let’s talk about the room, the beds where or old when my wife sit on the side of one, the matters slope down like a bowl of jelly. The box frame was broken and the mattress was shot. The AC is just under the window, but the curtness hangs over the AC vent. So I went to the office, No one can help me; the manager is gone over the weekend. That said he will can me back when he gets in on Monday. I called him on Tuesday and asked about the room. The room was $253. For one night, he returned $40. He said he is only the manger the owner make the final decision. I have tried twice to talk with him, no one will call back. Overall rating TERRIBLE go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gd l
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Cathedral City. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We have the maintenance staff and assistant managers working over every weekend to assist our guests with their needs. Regardless, I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay.

Our maintenance staff works diligently to address unusual occurrences, such as the mattress problem you experienced. It is comments like yours that help us improve. It seems like the manager has already taken action to compensate for your difficulties.

Once again, I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay.

Pickerington, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

It's just a regular hotel room, nothing special. Room was kind of dusty and we had a view of the roof of the car park over the lobby. Not in the nicest area, it's behind a Jiffy Lube and gas station. However, it is only minutes to Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage. The a/c unit and the refrigerator were very noisy.
Good breakfast and the pool area was very nice. It is a good size pool but not heated so it the weather is only in the 80's or so, the water is cold. It also has a laundry facility. Rooms were quiet.
Can't say enough about the front desk staff, they were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, 11 April 2012
We value your comments and I want to thank you for sharing your experience. Our hotel's goal is to provide great service and exceed our guests’ expectations. I apologize that we were not able to make your stay feel special, but we hope to improve with everyone's feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and the newly renovated pool area. The pool is heated and is set around mid 80's, which is the average temperature for pools in this area. I will pass on your kind compliments to the front desk staff. We hope to be of service in the near future.

Sacramento CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Booked two nights while in town for business. The room was very clean and well maintained. Wireless internet service was very slow but free. Breakfast was much better than averaging including hot items (eggs, bacon, pancakes). Overall a very good hotel within walking distance of food. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. No problems with the room or billing.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. Wireless internet service depends on the number of people using the internet at the time. Regardless, I will check with the internet service provider to see if there is anything we can do to improve the internet speed.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Elkridge, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Make sure you get a cancellation number if you book this hotel and then cancel. I had made a reservation for March 2012. I canceled the reservation a few days prior to arrival using the link they provided in a reminder email. I have a screen-shot of the cancellation process. However, I never got a cancellation number. I was charged for one nights stay. The hotel manager refused to reverse the charge. When I called Holiday Inn Express, I was told that a cancellation had been logged at 6:04 pm on the day of arrival - 4 minutes after the cancellation deadline. I had actually initiated the cancellation process 3 days earlier.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank C0NSUMER_ADV0CATE_1
Andrew K, Director at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, 3 April 2012
I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstances; however, your reservation is not cancelled unless you complete the cancellation process. By policy, our agreement is to guarantee a room for your arrival for the night, unless instructed otherwise.

On a high-occupancy night, we would turn away other guests in order to hold our reservation agreement. Thus, reservations that are not cancelled will automatically be charged.

Once again I apologize for your situation and hope to be of service in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
9.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
1.1 km away
Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)? Share your experiences!