All reviewsstayed at the red lionkey card didn't workkitchenette suitestreet trafficwould stay againpool and hot tubcoffee makerrancho miragehousekeeperspringpalmdesert
Reviewed March 16, 2018

Checked into property all common areas were very dirty. Cigarette butts piled up around group ashtrays. Garbages overfilled throughout property. Empty boxed wine box sticking out of garbage at pool area. The stairs up to our room had a white object on them that my wife and I think was a human tooth. Room smelled of smoke and carpet was stained. Back elements of stove were pointed up and didn't look safe. Backsplash was removed and replaced with plastic instead. Fridge door had a big dent/scratch on it. Bathroom door hinges loose so door wouldn't close without lifting up door with door handle. No door lock on backroom door. Bathroom door had brown/yellow liquid dripped down on it. Told Myda at Front Desk that we would be checking out the next morning because the property was not acceptable for my wife and 2 children she said because we pre-paid on the Red Lion website we could not have a refund for the remaining 6 nights. I said I had no problem paying for a couple nights but to be charged $1,300.00 for somewhere that I couldn't stay at was ridiculous. She offered us another room but given the condition of our room and the common areas there was no way I was spending any more time there than necessary. She said she would check with the owners on a refund and get back to me. We checked out the next morning; I called 5 times the next day finally got ahold of her and she said to try back the next day. I called the next day and she wasn't there. Finally spoke to her on Sunday and she said the owners denied by refund request. I tried working with the Red Lion Corporate office but they told me that because the property is locally owned there was nothing they could do. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE WORST PROPERTY I HAVE EVER STAYED AT!!!! Trust me I'm not the type of person to write reviews; my family is super resilient and we never complain about anything. We travel a ton and this place is hands down the worst I have ever been to.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank parkerad2018
Reviewed March 10, 2018

I will be reporting this hotel to the state attorney general consumer protection division for deceptive advertising. They advertise they have free Wi-Fi. Their Wi-Fi does not work. They advertise they have a fitness room. Their fitness room was nonfunctional. There was a sign on one piece of equipment saying out of order which was dated July 30. We visited in March. Giving them the benefit of the doubt that the note was written in 2017, equipment had been out of order for eight months. Telephone in the room was out of order. Small cockroach in the bathroom. The first morning at breakfast one of the waffle irons had a broken timer. The second day, the toaster did not work. Everyplace I went in the hotel, people were discussing its disrepair. The manager told me she would speak with the owner and try to get me one night free due to the misrepresentations. When I went to check out, the front desk person made it clear that the manager had not spoken to the owner. Luckily, The owner was in the hotel at the time and I discussed my complaints with her. I did receive some compensation. Hotel staff in general was quite friendly and hard-working. I think it would be very difficult to work in this run down place so I salute them!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

OMG..I think a crack house is better than this place..! This is not worth the $169 + tax + $40 incidental that they charge for this room. Seriously if I was not desperate for a night to see a tennis tournament in the desert I would have just stayed in my car and call it a night. The carpet has seen better days. The door jam had white paint but the it looks practically black with severe scratch marks below. The key access outside the front door was missing the top cover. The sofa had stains on them which looked like it had been in a dumpster and was brought back inside. Now I know why this place is covered by shrubs across from the auto dealership because they don't anyone to see what this place looks like.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Great Experience. Room that we got was perfect for us. Huge space, 2 rooms, great pillows! Perfect size kitchenette. Parking was right near the stair to go to our room. Pool had great hours of operation!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Based on other Travelers reviews,I was hesitant to stay here but when I found a price of $109 at hotelstonight instead of their $175 rate, i booked it.

Yes, it was pretty noisy at night from the street traffic and the a/c and you can see the wear and tear but the room was pretty clean and very spacious. Bathroom was small but for one person, it was sufficient.

Didnt have time to use the pool and hot tub but it was pretty small.

This is a very pet friendly hotel. There was multiple guests walking with their dogs around.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo