Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$219
eDreamsUS$219
Agoda.comUS$219
TripadvisorUS$219
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
1,201 results
All reviews ocean front continental breakfast love this place central coast get away place to stay the staff was friendly and helpful picnic tables second floor hear the waves restaurants and shops grassy area many years sliders across the street dog pet
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2020 via mobile

We just returned from a 3 night stay at this little gem. We had a ocean front king room upstairs. These rooms are not huge but are worth it for the view. We slept every night with the slider open and listened to the waves. It’s a great location right on the beach. It was clean, had a nice little fridge, microwave and nice little balcony. Will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2020

Spectacular location! We stayed in Room 122, a queen and a full bed. The only thing separating the room from the ocean is a small wall and a grassy area--we left our sliding glass door open all night and heard the waves...wonderful. My only issue is: I understand we are living with covid, so the breakfast service has been eliminated. We had just come from the Sequoias and also a stay on Catalina Island, and every hotel has adapted their breakfast service (example: delivering it to your room, etc). For the price, I had expected that they would find some way to give you breakfast as other hotels have managed it quite nicely. That being said, perhaps it is done to encourage you to buy breakfast from local businesses, which we did. There is a great coffee place just across the street. There is a coffee maker in the room. Use your own water if you can, because the taste of the coffee made with tap water was un-drinkable. Two very MINOR issues, none of which would deter me from staying there again! Like I said, location is UNBEATABLE. And dog friendly.

Room tip: Liked the lower floor as you walk right out to the beach!!
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Leah M
Shoreline Inn, General Manager at Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your thoughts. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and our amazing Cayucos beach. At the moment, serving or delivering breakfast is not an option on our property and we're exploring options for the future. Thank you for your patience and checking out other breakfast places in town. We hope the restaurant list given to you at arrival was of assistance. We hope you come again and thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed June 24, 2020 via mobile

We booked this trip as a “safe” getaway from being stuck in our home for months during Covid. The Inn got wonderful reviews and we love the rustic beach. We booked it because it was dog friendly on a dog friendly beach. Boy, nothing could be further from the truth.

First of all, we booked a room on the first floor so we could take our dogs out our patio door for walks and to the beach. There is a nice grassy area, but absolutely NO privacy between your room and those next to you. There were several dogs staying there and our dogs had the nerve to bark at the other dogs, who, by the way, barked at our dogs. Dogs are supposed to be on lead, but several weren’t.

Then we had to deal with children looking IN OUR room to look at our dogs, so they barked. Talk about invasion of privacy! The room was very small, so when they looked in our room, they could see everything!

We had people yelling at us to clean up our dog’s poop, when they hadn’t even pooped!

Even though it was during Covid, most guests weren’t wearing masks, but wanted to pet our dogs.

The worse part was being told by the front desk clerk that there had been complaints about our dogs barking. Yes, our dogs bark at times, but a dog friendly hotel should know this. Our dogs were barking at people running across the yard because they wanted to play but were tied to our chairs, per the hotels rules.

Besides the dog issues, the hotel is no more than a two star hotel. The location is the only thing going for it. The rooms are small, no storage and super crappy coffee maker.

There was no housekeeping because of Covid, but we were not given any extra garbage bags or a broom to sweep the sand out of the room.

You can check my Trip Advisor record. I have only written good reviews. This place is so not dog friendly that I had to write this review. We got the feeling that if you are a “regular”, you can do anything. Save your money and get an Airbnb. The beach is not worth this mess of an Inn.

As I write this, we are waiting for the manager to call us. We are leaving early and the desk clerk said they won’t refund the two nights we aren’t staying. The manager has not called us, so I guess they don’t care about us or our unhappiness with our stay.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lori M
Shoreline Inn, Owner at Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2020

Dear guest,

I met with your party personally and listened to your comments and I appreciate you listening to mine. We did honor your request to leave early and did not charge additional nights. We wish you the best in finding the place that makes you happy.

Most sincerely,
Laia Kollmann

Reviewed March 23, 2020

The best part of this place is the location which is right on the beach ...the rooms are very clean and updated and they have a continental breakfast that is great.The customer service crew are so friendly and helpful and are willing to help make your stay as comfortable as possible..I love that you can step outside your room and either hit the beach steps away or stroll into town to one of the cafes or shops..I highly recommend this place

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Julie G
Shoreline I, General Manager at Cayucos Shoreline Inn...on the beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2020

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your review is so appreciated. The staff aims to please and happy guests make our jobs so enjoyable. More than two months have now gone by since your visit. Business at the Shoreline and in town is coming back together, so we hope to see you sooner than later!

Reviewed March 23, 2020

Nice clean rooms, breakfast was okay, staff excellent. Got Winter Deal so was a pretty good price. Ocean view, king size bed, what more could u want!!! I can’t remember to many more details because I didn’t get this e-mail for several weeks after my stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review! I apologize you had to wait for an answer. Life at the Inn has been bit different since the pandemic and we're now trying to get back into the swing of things. You must have been in an upstairs beachfront room and the view from there is panoramic. It;s also nice to sleep with the window open and listen to the sounds of the sea. Come back soon!