“not bad for the value”

Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
Reviewed 11 June 2011

clean room, but smaller than we thought, strong shower and fridge, microwave and safe in the room. comfortable beds, large vanity on bathroom. Hair dryer did not work

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lisag4669
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South

Reviewed 16 May 2011

First off, no elevator. I had a lot of materials with me for an exam and it wouldve been a hard climb but I ended up on the first floor. This place is CHEAP FOR A REASON do not stay here if you want a good nights sleep and want to feel safe.
I got there at check in time and they gave me a room right away. I went over and the toilet was taken apart, no bedding on the mattress and there was trash in the cans. I told them I wanted another room and I would be by later in the afternoon. Next room was NOT Best Western standard. Floor was spotted, found out at 11pm A/C or Fan didnt work, bed was shotty, I ran out and got Lysol the room smelled gross. Microwave and fridge dirty. There was a raging party that went on all night long. Someone in another room called PD but it started up again later anyway. Thin walls I could hear the party very clearly. Pool was open well past 11. I had to work at 6am the next morning so I drifted off at 12am....woke up to someone getting my door open with a passkey. I read on other sites that there are "regulars" that stay there. They were looking for someone and they said they were ready for them?? Luckily I had that bar slid across the door, they couldnt walk all the way in. I had the door locked but the passkey bypassed it. I called the front desk and he said he would send security right away but I never saw anyone.
Next morning I was sure to make MY presence known to the passed out people next door (childish I know). I went to the front dest and the guy really wasnt sorry. Nothing was offered to me and because I booked through this site I dont know how or if I could get it refunded. Not the site's fault this place is a dive.

Room Tip: Avoid it
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank JoJoStateWorker
Reviewed 28 January 2011

In December 2010, we visited San Diego. I selected this hotel without reading the reviews (BIG MISTAKE). I have stayed at other Best Western hotels and never encounter what I found at this location. They are misrepresenting the company.

Areas of concern:
1) The carpet was extremely dirty. I was even afraid to walk on it.
2) The room smells really bad.
3) Trashcan had empty beer cans
4) The facility looks and feels like a run down cheap motel.
5) Unsecured location
6) Front desk and managerial staff very unfriendly
7) Beds are hard and smell bad
8) Walls and Doors are stained

The worst part was that I went there with some relatives that were visiting out of town.
We only stayed one night and check out the next day. Please do yourself a favor and spend a little more money and stay at different location. Lesson learned here, spend a bit more and always read reviews.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank beach2relax
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We where here it attend a family reunion & go to Sea World and booked two rooms for two nights. What a mistake! The beds in both rooms were hard as sleeping on hardwood floor. The showerhead in one of the rooms had a leak on it and sprayed water through the top. The toliet would keep running because the handle would stick so you would have to force it up to stop it from running. It was the worst place I have ever stayed & would not recommend it to anyone. Oh... one last thing... there were several homeless bums hanging around so we didnt feel safe to walk over to the restaurant next door.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank gnunez
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stay here this past weekend, and there was a room break in!!!

We were awaken early Sunday morning by someone opening our room's door!
After talking with the front desk, the lady gave the excuse that this customer was a "regular", and this customer requested a key card for our room! No ID/questions were asked toward this "regular" customer for verification, etc., before providing the key to our room!!!
According to the front desk lady, they give the keys to "regular" customers a lot, without ID/questions or verifications!!
After talking with someone, it appears there was another similar incident the night before at 2AM!!
BAD BAD BAD! The front desk lady didn't feel she done anything wrong by giving any room's key card to a "regular" upon request...that's bad, and scary!!

Oh, and the door lock didn't work, and the door busted open!! SCARY moment!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank belugaUSA
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Room was very small, air conditioner didn't work very well and water was leaking on carpet from air conditioner. Sheets did not look clean and the room had a bad smell to it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank le059
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I was booked into a room that room service hadnt begun to clean. I asked for a new room and was booked into a room with no towels, no toilet seat cover, spider webs from the curtain to the wall and a dead spider on the wall that wasnt cleaned up. When i called the Manager to complain he told me that he would get me towels but couldnt guarantee when the towels would be delievered. I was shocked by his answer and asked him if i had to get my money back and go elsewhere and he immediately said yes because he couldnt satisfy me. My remote control didnt work and i had to manually change the channel and to make it worse, i didnt have nick, disney or tbs (standard channels in every room) keep in mind that im traveling with my 2 year old daughter and shouldnt have to be dealing with no tv for her or with the poor customer service from the manager. All other rooms had the above channels except mine but i couldnt call the front desk to complain because the Manager was so rude.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family