US$129
US$133
US$106
ComfortInn
Chula Vista Inn(Chula Vista)
US$76
US$149
El Primero Hotel(Chula Vista)
US$144
US$135
US$110
US$146
US$137
Baycities Motel(Chula Vista)
US$85
All reviewsbay innwafflescompass cardroom was cleantrolley stationbest westernssan diegoplace to stayblack anguswalking distanceflat screen tvtaco belllocated closecoronado islandimperial beachthe breakfast areafree parking
Reviewed August 6, 2008

The hotel had the friendliest front desk staff that I have ever seen. Not only always smiling and greeting you so friendly , they have great suggestions on restaurants and other ideas how to spend your time in San Diego. The trolley is next door and very convenient to get downtown and old town.
Room was was clean and had both a microwave and refrigerator which was a nice touch.
Inernet signal was free and strong.
We enjoyed everything on our trip.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank filgirlcheryl
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Stayed two nights in mid-March. Hotel is conveniently located just off I-5, however it is rather noisy due to the San Diego Trolley which is right next to it. The trains run all night and make substantial noise. The rook was OK, it was spacious and clean, as the hotel buildings only accommodate one row of rooms there is a bathroom window as well, a feature usually not seen in hotel rooms. However the service and treatment of guests is just appaulling. Already at check-in the clerk wasn't even aware which rooms have connecting doors and which don't. When I returned to ask for a room change she also had a different room number on file than the one we were actually given. The breakfast is so poor it is hard to believe. There were no plastic knives available for both mornings and when I asked the breakfast attendant about them she replied there aren't any. So I guess the management of this hotel eats waffles and spreads butter with forks and spoons ... Furthermore out of 4 sorts of fruit juices 2 were not available, the very few available items were carefully supervised by the breakfast attendant who kept checking you were not too hungry. Unbelieveable! At check out I encountered a clerk who could not even understand English, not to mention speaking. I told her the in-room safe in my room was broken and asked not to pay for it, however the additional charge appeared on my bill, so she had to refund me. I wanted to use the Best Western Travel Cards as a form of payment, but couldn't as she was not able to process them. Above all her attitude was impolite, bordering to rudeness. Very bad. If you want a better and unstressful experience go stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Slo-Lju
Reviewed November 29, 2007

stayed for leisure. hotel is in very good accessible location.
staff was very knowlegeable and attentive. the room was very clean and housekeepers were very helpful. the breakfast was a plus. they even have hot waffles. plenty of selections on what to eat for breakfast. was very happy i stayed in this hotel. i highly recommend for everyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank anneisland
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Our company had business out of town in Chula Vista and had to send 3 employess there to stay. We chose the BW because of the proximity to our job and because of the room size (could accomodate 3 in a one room suite) for a little more than the price of one room elsewhere. We worked in Chula Vista 3 weeks. The first week, no problem with the hotel. The second week, the hotel DOUBLE charged our room, stating we had reserved 2 rooms (even though I had a copy of my confirmation & CC authorization) and when I called to complain the Manager Jose was supposed to get back to me but never did. I therefore disputed my charges with AMEX and of course they took care of it but what a hassle. In the meantime, I had already booked this hotel for the 3rd week and of course decided to cancel 4 days prior to arrival and received a cancellation confirmation # and booked at the Vagabond down the street. Today I received my CC statement again reflecting charges for this room. I called Best Western customer service who did verify that this was cancelled properly and is now calling the hotel again to dispute the charges. (Good Luck). They are to get back to me within 7 days. Our company travels a great deal for different jobs and we have never experienced this poor customer service. Just BEWARE!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank Ashleezmom
Reviewed July 29, 2006

Room was clean, but most of the outlets and lights were connected to the bathroom GFI, which constantly tripped off. This caused the refridgerator to be turned off as much as it was on. This wasn't a case of having problems just when running the hair dryer. Often, I'd have to reset the GFI after returning back to the room or when waking in the morning.

Also, they don't warn you that one light switch by the door also controls the bathroom lights and most of the room outlets. If you (or a maid) turn it off, you also turn off the fridge.

Beware of booking this hotel through an online service...you may pay $70 or more extra per night.

Finally, don't expect management to respond to any complaints.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family