All reviews waffles compass card room was clean trolley station san diego place to stay black angus walking distance flat screen tv taco bell located close free parking freeway bw microwave downtown cereal
Reviewed July 3, 2017

This hotel is a fair deal for a hotel in Chula Vista. It is conveniently located near the trolley stop, which is awesome. I did not mind the sound from the trolleys at all. The hotel room was clean and stocked with the essentials. They are in transition from Best Western to Quality Inn.

While the staff is excellently managing the transition, there are tons of things that are not happening very effectively. For example, we were told that there were not enough towels for the guests.

However, the one thing that really was unacceptable was the lack of wi-fi. I stayed for two weeks on business for a computer science conference. I needed wi-fi to finish my work. When I checked in, they told me that there was a wi-fi issue that they were working on, but after 14 days, this issue was not fixed. Now, I can make other accommodations if needed, but I selected this hotel partially based on breakfast and wi-fi. When the wi-fi is not there, I wonder if I should have gone to a different hotel. Basically, I need to either be apprised of situations or compensated in some way for my troubles when a hotel doesn't fulfill their promises. Because neither of these happened, my review is reflective of this poor service on their end.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Situated quite a way from the airport and in fact any Bay at all, this is a functional accommodation stop over. The rooms are fine and clean but the breakfast was rubbish. |Juice machine not working, plastic cutlery to eat with - which bends if you want to cut anything. The internet went down often but the staff were great, letting us use their pc when we needed to get information for the next stage of our trip. There is a trolley station nearby and the staff were wonderful in letting us know about the Compass Card - a cheap way to travel around and also let us leave our bags with them on the final day so we could go to La Jolla and then come back and collect them before moving on. It was so convenient to get the trolley to San Diego old town and La Jolla and even take the Amtrak up the coast - all in all - excellent value for money

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, facing the Amtrak line, but the noise of it was not loud enough to bother us at all.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

It's not fancy. It's older and been worn, but if your not planning to stay very long it's good for the price you pay. Not the type of place I would normally stay, but breakfast was good, and the front staff was really nice.
Wifi didn't work.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracey W
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

The wi-fi was one of the slowest we have ever met. Just amazingly slow. Everything else was ok. Room was clean and there was big powerful fridge. Shower had good pressure and water was warm enough. We checked-in on time (not early), but our room wasn't ready and we had to wait like 20 minutes.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

This Hotel is the best for its price compared to the other 3 around it. The staff is always nice and helpful. Its clean and has no bugs! I wish they had more parking but other than that its a GREAT HOTEL!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business