“Best pho in the area! I did the research!”
Review of Pho Ha Vietnamese

Pho Ha Vietnamese
Reviewed September 25, 2016

This is the BEST Vietnamese restaurant in the area for pho, rice, and vermicelli! I've eaten here many many times but usually to-go to avoid the long lines.

Here is what I'd recommend if you want to try something new or you have no idea what to order:

Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup (Pho): The flavor is the best in town and it always comes with a lot of meat and a nice amount of noodles. I typically get #10 (Slices of eye round steak & brisket). TIP*: You can ask for the round steak separately so you can cook it in your soup yourself because sometimes, when they add the meat for you, it overcooks and then it's tough...thus, ruining your pho experience.

Here's my pho process if you wanna look like you know what you're doing. My credentials? I'm part Viet & have been eating this stuff for as long as I can remember... before it was "popular". Here we go! Before your soup arrives, you gotta prep.. get some hoisin sauce (brown stuff) and siracha (you better know what this is!) and squeeze some out on the little dipping saucer - half hoisin, half siracha. Don't mix it. When your soup arrives, put a big smile on your face because it's game time. Grab some veggies to add to your soup. I don't like bean sprout (white stuff) so I leave it out. I like the fresh herbs (basil, mint) so I'll tear off the leaves and rip them in smaller pieces and sprinkle it in my soup. I'll also add a jalapeno slice or two (this is for flavor, I don't eat it) and of course, I'll squeeze one lime wedge over the soup. The dipping sauce is for the meat so dip your meat, eat some noodles, try some soup, and then repeat!

Stir fried diced rib eye steak over salad served with rice (Com Bo Luc Lac): This is a favorite for everyone. If you dragged someone with you who's not yet ready to try Vietnamese food, this would be the dish to order. It's cubed steak.. how can yo go wrong with this? I'm pretty sure it's a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. It comes with a big portion of salad (the dressing has fish sauce..heads up for those who aren't ready to explore yet!) and white rice.

Charbroiled pork, shrimp, & egg roll vermicelli (Bun Thit Tom Nuong Cha Gio): Shredded greens are on the bottom, then thin white rice noodles (vermicelli), then the meat & egg roll. The garlic fish sauce comes on the side. You pour whatever amount you want into the noodles before eating. WARNING*: This will give you fish sauce/garlic breath so bring your own gum!

Charbroiled pork & pork meatloaf over rice (Com Cha Thit Nuong): Broken white rice, charbroiled pork, pork meatloaf which is basically egg with pork (I think...I hope.. it just tastes good ok!), pickled cabbage, and garlic fish sauce on the side. The charbroiled pork is very flavorful so anything that you order with it, will taste really good. Same process as the vermicelli, you pour this on your rice and eat it. Bring gum stinky.

Spring Roll (Goi Cuon): It's like any other spring roll. Vermicelli, shrimp, pork (not charbroiled), and veggies wrapped in rice paper. It comes with fish sauce for dipping.

Charbroiled pork roll (Thit Nuong Cuon): This is similar to the spring roll. This has charbroiled pork and veggies wrapped in rice paper. No vermicelli. It comes with peanut sauce for dipping.

Vietnamese egg rolls (Cha Gio): Deep fried crispy delicious pork egg rolls. It comes with green lettuce, cucumber, carrots, and mint on the side....plus, fish sauce for dipping. You're suppose to wrap the egg roll in the green lettuce, add the veggies, roll it up, and then dip it in the fish sauce. If your burrito wrapping skills are not on point...then..well..it's going to be messy.

PARKING: Good luck on the weekend. I'd recommend parking by Smart & Final and then walking. Don't even bother looking for parking out in front of the restaurant because you're just going to end up by Smart & Final anyway. But if you're eating on a weekday then parking should not be that bad. The lot's a decent size.

Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

LA is supposed to have a lot of Vietnamese. I thought I could have an authentic Vietnamese food here but some what disappointed.

By looking at the menu, there were only Vietnamese and English. Looks like the owner was from Vietnam and didn't know Chinese. Yet, a further look into the menu contents and photos, there were Cantonese dishes, e.g. fried canton noodle. The Vietnam steamed roll was stated as "Springs Roll" which in fact is the usual English name for deep fry spring roll in the Chinese restaurants world wide. The true deep fry spring roll was stated as "Egg Roll".

We had the typical Beef rice Noodle Soup $8.95, the taste was OK but the rice Noodle was terrible, too soft and not "adente". The "spring roll" $5.00, was sheet of rice pasta wrapped with 3 small shrimps and a lot of spring sprouts, no taste at all.
The beef ball $1.75 for 3 small pieces coming out from one beef ball from the supermarket, not fresh and no taste, too. Seafood fry noodle $9.50, was the typical Cantonese style, but badly prepared; too much gravy, less meat, but a lot of cheap green vegetables.
Shrimp fry rice noodle $9.50, same rice noodle for the beef noodle soup, too soft, no taste, bad shrimps, fried with tomato sauce but no taste at all.

This is the worst so called Vietnamese restaurant I have ever encountered in North America. I am so surprised that they can have 3 shops in South California.

Reviewed June 28, 2015

Been to this place multiple times for tasty pho and other vietnamese dishes. In the Rowland Heights area this place is where I go. Yes there are better ones but they're either in Westminster or Monterey Park area. Food is consistent in quality. Food is served fairly quick.

Reviewed December 3, 2014 via mobile

Been eating here for the last 5 years. Sometimes a few times a month. Best place ever for Pho. We can be in Santa Monica or Riverside and don't mind traveling all around town to get to this great place. It can get a bit busy in the evenings, but is always worth the wait. Their staff is very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed November 16, 2014

This can recommend this spacious & clean VN family restaurant-diner for a quick & affordable meal. It is open early @ 9:30 am, convenient to our nearby hotel just 10 minutes away off I-60 or Pomona Fwy and our 2nd. morning stop for an early lunch before heading 25 miles west to LAX to catch our 5 hours transcon.flight in the afternoon - where they only served beverages & snacks/chips.
Our food orders were promptly taken & we're surprised to be served very generous portions, given its very reasonable prices in line with the area (slightly more than Valley Blvd. 20+ minutes away) with plenty of bean sprouts & vegetables, etc. on the side. The base soup's stock was okay but not quite as good as other places - still acceptable to us (as long as it isn't sweetend, yikes) and we barely finished our bowls - of beef pho, seafood (shrimp, fishballs, squids & bean curds) and spicy beef & hock noodles soup. Our original plan was to drive up to Alhambra/Monterey Park for a early lunch before going to the airport but decided to go "local" to avoid traffic issues during the late morning rush - it worked out & we all left on a full & satisfied stomach, enough said.
There are a few other VN or pho restaurant-diner nearby as well but we didn't want to run around, and for the business/casual visitors staying at a nearby hotel - Pho Ha was 3 locations & it's just minutes off the I-60 inside one of the bigger strip/shopping mall with plenty of free parking. Given the price-to-values ratio & our tradeoff for time, this was a good choice - don't want to over-rate them so for being the First-to-Review here on TA, Average rating but leaning toward Very Good to start with & let others assign their own grades afterward - definitely should be on the list to consider while in this area.